A special Congressional panel that has been investigating the Planned Parenthood abortion business and others for selling the body parts of aborted babies has recommended that an additional 15 entities be potentially criminally prosecuted for their actions.
Among those entities is Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, the Texas affiliate of the Planned Parenthood abortion company.
In the information that Congressional panel provided to LifeNews late Wednesday, it has sent a letter to the Texas Attorney General indicating that it learned that the Planned Parenthood affiliate may have violated both Texas law and federal law when it sold the body parts of aborted babies. The Congressional panel is recommending potential criminal charges related to the possible lawbreaking activity.
Below is an excerpt from the letter the Congressional committee sent to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton:
As LifeNews.com has previously reported, Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Houston Texas was exposed selling the body parts of aborted babies.
SIGN THE PETITION! Congress Must De-Fund Planned Parenthood Immediately
In January, attorney Brisco Cain released a series of invoices between Planned Parenthood of the Gulf Coast and the University of Texas Medical Branch on Thursday, showing charges ranging from $1,500 to $3,750 for “consent payments” that Planned Parenthood supplied to university researchers.
“Consent payments” mean aborted babies’ body parts, according to Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast Director of Research Melissa Farrell’s own statements, Daleiden pointed out.
In August, the Center for Medical Progress released an undercover video of Farrell explaining that Planned Parenthood uses the words “per consent” to charge for aborted babies’ body parts “in order to ‘frame’ the project budget in a way that will look legal ‘on paper,’”CMP director David Daleiden said. Farrell has overseen the affiliate’s sales of aborted baby body parts for a decade, he added.
The Planned Parenthood invoices list the “consent fee” followed by the number of specimen and then a charge of $25 to $150 per specimen. The invoices are dated from 2010 to 2011. Farrell’s signature also is on several of the invoices.
Daleiden pointed out that in the video, Farrell suggested that a “per consent” payment would accommodate situations where the aborted baby’s tissue is unusable. He said her statement was “a clear admission that the payments are based on market value of the fetal specimens, not on reimbursement of actual costs.”
“Now, Texas taxpayers can see the illegal proxy payments for fetal specimens on PPGC’s own invoices to UT Medical Branch, which either inexplicably jumped from $25 per specimen to $150 per specimen over the course of one year, or demonstrate an illegal scheme to make extra money off of usable specimens. Governor Abbott and Attorney General Paxton must hold Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast accountable for their flagrant violation of the Texas Penal Code and their abuse of Texas taxpayers’ dollars,” Daleiden said.
The video of the Houston Planned Parenthood makes it appear the Planned Parenthood abortion business also may be selling the “fully intact” bodies of unborn babies purposefully born alive and left to die. The video shows Farrell, advertising the Texas Planned Parenthood branch’s track record of fetal tissue sales, including its ability to deliver fully intact aborted babies.
“Where we probably have an edge over other organizations, our organization has been doing research for many many years,” explains Farrell in the video. When researchers need a specific part from the aborted fetus, Farrell says, “We bake that into our contract, and our protocol, that we follow this, so we deviate from our standard in order to do that.”
In the video, Farrell also indicates that the specimen sales from her department contribute significantly to the affiliate’s overall finances: “I think everyone realizes, especially because my department contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States. Larger than any the other affiliates’ combined.”
The Congressional panel referred to this potentially illegal activity in its letter to the Texas attorney general.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.