David Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress have released a dozen undercover videos exposing the abortion industry’s callous and inhumane treatment of aborted babies’ body parts in the past two years.
Daleiden has more undercover footage, but he is not allowed to release it.
In September 2015, a federal judge in California blocked Daleiden and CMP from releasing the additional videos, which involve activities of the National Abortion Federation, an association of abortion providers.
On Tuesday, Daleiden and his legal defense team asked the 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in San Francisco to reverse the lower court order and allow the Center for Medical Progress to release the undercover videos.
“Planned Parenthood and NAF are trying to suppress the freedom of the citizen press and the public’s right to know, in order to keep clear evidence of their coordinated criminal sale of aborted baby body parts from being revealed,” Daleiden said Tuesday in a statement.
During a Ninth Circuit hearing on Tuesday, Daleiden’s attorney Catherine Short argued that [U.S. District Judge William] Orrick improperly placed a prior restraint on free speech and prevented the disclosure of information “of significant public concern.”
The federation’s attorney, Marc Hearron, countered that Daleiden and his associates waived their First Amendment rights when they signed contracts vowing to keep all information from the meeting confidential.
“Our right to privacy, security and safety of our members would be threatened,” Hearron said. “Three people in Colorado were murdered, and partially as result of the videos released last year.”
When Orrick blocked Daleiden from releasing more videos, the judge said he reviewed the unreleased footage and did not find any evidence of illegal activity involving aborted babies’ body parts, according to Courthouse News. The National Abortion Federation’s attorney used this in his arguments to uphold the judge’s order Tuesday.
Some were not surprised by Judge Orrick’s ruling and cited evidence that he supports and donates to pro-abortion President Barack Obama.
Daleiden’s attorneys said Judge Orrick’s order is a blatantly unconstitutional “prior restraint” on free speech, based on repeated Supreme Court precedents that condemn such gag orders, most notably the famous Pentagon Papers case in which the Justices refused the federal government’s plea to stop publication of top secret files discussing the Vietnam war which had been leaked to the New York Times and Washington Post.
They also argued that the release of undercover video of significant public interest should not be suppressed, in order to protect the public’s right to know. Short told the Ninth Circuit panel Tuesday that, except for two rare exceptions to protect classified and trade secret information, no court has enforced a confidentiality agreement in such matters.
Brunn Roysden, a lawyer representing the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, also argued against Orrick’s decision Tuesday because of its impact on state investigations of the abortion industry. Roysden argued that the ruling should be overturned because it requires that CMP inform the abortion federation of subpoenas for the unreleased videos, according to the report.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.