Abortionist Charged With Manslaughter After Killing Woman in Botched Legal Abortion

State   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Oct 12, 2016   |   9:42AM   |   New York, NY

An abortion practitioner based in New York City has been charged with manslaughter in the death of a pregnant woman in a botched abortion.

This is the first charge of its kind an abortion petitioner has faced since Kermit Gosnell was charged with multiple counts of murder after brutally snipping the necks of unborn babies at his Philadelphia abortion clinic. Gosnell also killed a woman in a failed abortion and injured many others.

In this case, local District Attorneys say Robert Rho (above left) has been indicted on a manslaughter charge. Rho is alleged to have killed a patient in a botched abortion in July even though abortion activists like Planned Parenthood claim abortions are supposedly safe medical procedures.

The death of Jamie Lee Morales of Buffalo in the abortion calls into question those claims and reinforces what pro-life groups have said for decades that abortion continues to be harmful for women even though it is legal.

In this particular case the 30-year-old woman, Morales, she was allowed to leave the abortion clinic even though she was breeding bleeding profusely at the time. She collapsed and appeared disoriented at the time she left the abortion facility. The woman died later that night at a local hospital.

Here’s more:

Rho’s defense lawyer at his Tuesday arraignment in Queens argued that his client had no criminal liability in the death.

Click here to sign up for pro-life news alerts from LifeNews.com

“There is no question there is a tragic occurrence here, but it wasn’t criminal,” said lawyer Jeffrey Lichtman. “Of course I think he’s innocent.”

Prosecutors said Morales, using the name Thaycha Ruiz, went with her sister to the Liberty Women’s health clinic on Main St. in Flushing on July 9 to have a second-trimester abortion.

During the surgery, Rho allegedly hit her cervix, damaged her vaginal wall, and opened a cut in an artery that goes through the uterus.

In the recovery room, Morales noticed she was still bleeding vaginally, prosecutor Brad Leventhal said. She had lost a large amount of blood and needed a second operation.

Once that operation was over, she was told to go to the hospital if the bleeding started again. She was allowed to leave — even though she appeared off-kilter and had collapsed at least once. As she was driven to her sister’s Bronx home, she lost consciousness.

Morales was taken to a Bronx hospital, where she was given six units of blood but died that night.

Rho, 53, of Lake Success, L.I., faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted. In addition to allegedly botching the procedure, he is accused of failing to take care of her afterward.