Planned Parenthood hasn’t been able to stop Congress from investigating whether it illegally sold aborted babies’ body parts, but it isn’t giving up.
In the latest attempt, allies of the abortion business sent a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan demanding that he stop the investigation from continuing, The Hill reports.
The groups claim the investigation sets a “dangerous precedent” and is unfair, according to the report. The abortion business’s allies said the investigation could set a bad precedent for later Congressional investigations of “any group that happens to draw the ire of the majority.”
Leading the effort was the American Civil Liberties Union, a frequent partner of Planned Parenthood; but a number of other groups also signed the letter, including “the Sierra Club; civil rights groups such as the NAACP and Human Rights Campaign; unions like the SEIU, AFSCME and Communication Workers of America; and watchdog groups such as CREW and Public Citizen, among others,” according to the report.
Democrats in Congress sent a similar letter to Speaker Ryan in May. In the letter, they accused pro-life legislators on the panel of “endanger[ing] health care providers and patients with its extreme rhetoric claiming that Planned Parenthood is selling baby parts.”
Congress formed the Select Panel on Infant Lives last year to investigate abortion industry practices after a series of undercover videos showed top Planned Parenthood officials discussing the trafficking of aborted babies’ body parts. In the past few months, the panel has uncovered evidence that the abortion business deceived women on its consent forms and illegally profited from the sale of aborted babies’ body parts.
More recently, the panel said it found evidence that Planned Parenthood may have broken HIPAA regulations by sharing patients’ private medical records with outsiders. The panel sent the evidence to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and asked it to investigate.
In June, the panel also sent evidence to the New Mexico Attorney General indicating that the University of New Mexico and the Southwestern Women’s Options abortion clinic may have broken a state law that prohibits the gifting of aborted babies’ body parts.
The letters demanding that Speaker Paul Ryan dismantle the panel are just abortion advocates’ latest attempt to block the investigation.
The abortion industry also has influences with Congressional Democrats who are trying to stop the investigation. U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Illinois, who was appointed to the panel, has numerous ties to abortion advocates that she did not disclose as conflicts of interest. Her husband, for example, is the partner at a political firm whose top clients include Planned Parenthood, NARAL and some of the other major abortion groups in the nation, according to The Federalist. Other Democrats on the panel also received campaign donations from the abortion chain.
The Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives formed after a series of undercover videos revealed Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies’ body parts, potentially in violation of the law. Since then, the panel has uncovered a growing list of evidence that abortion facilities have violated federal laws.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.