Piles upon piles of documents have been coming out of a Congressional investigation of the abortion industry and its trafficking of aborted babies’ body parts.
As journalists and pro-lifer sift through the evidence released by the Congressional Select Panel on Infant Lives, they are uncovering more shocking details about how callously the abortion industry treats human life.
David Daleiden, the founder of the Center for Medical Progress, which exposed Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies’ body parts in a series of undercover videos, pointed to evidence this week that some abortion clinics made plans to sell the aborted babies’ parts while the babies were still alive.
In an article for The Hill, Daleiden explained how the relationship worked between StemExpress, a tissue procurement company, and Planned Parenthood facilities in California.
He said evidence uncovered by the Congressional panel indicates that the abortion giant did make money from aborted babies’ body parts. Despite Planned Parenthood’s claims that the money it received was merely for reimbursement costs, Daleiden said StemExpress worked it out so that Planned Parenthood did not have any costs.
Inside the clinics, StemExpress technicians did all of the work, from start to finish, of harvesting tiny body parts from abortions, including “consenting” pregnant women to “donate” their “fetal tissue.” Planned Parenthood provided StemExpress with access to patients’ private medical charts in order to identify patients whose pregnancies could fulfill StemExpress’ body parts orders. The panel concludes: “Each time that an abortion clinic employee shared a medical chart with a StemExpress employee, both violated the HIPAA privacy rule.” After successfully targeting and enrolling the patient using her confidential HIPAA information, StemExpress paid Planned Parenthood $55 per fetal body part “determined in the clinic to be usable” after the abortion.
One shocking series of emails obtained by the Select Panel shows StemExpress selling aborted babies’ skulls and limbs as the abortion is taking place. In January 2015, a customer inquired about aborted baby tissue in an email to the company. A StemExpress employee quickly replied, “There is one case currently in the room, I will let you know how the limbs and calvarium [skull] look to see if you are able to take them in about fifteen minutes.”
Daleiden estimated the amount of money that Planned Parenthood appears to have made selling aborted babies’ body parts:
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte did 18,035 abortions last year – if each abortion yielded just one “usable” “product of conception” for StemExpress, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte stood to gain nearly $1 million every year from its sale of tiny baby hearts, lungs, and brains.
Planned Parenthood was not the only abortion business that StemExpress worked with, either. According to exhibits from the Select Panel, StemExpress worked with nearly 100 abortion clinics nationwide – close to one in every five, Daleiden wrote.
StemExpress paid Planned Parenthood to break the law, divulging confidential patient medical information in order to bring outside market forces to bear on pregnant women making life-altering decisions. It’s time for law enforcement at all levels to hold these barbaric businesses accountable for their crimes against vulnerable women and children. Every human being is worth more than the sum of his or her body parts.
The Select Panel on Infant Lives has uncovered numerous instances pointing to the abortion industry’s sale of aborted babies’ body parts. Earlier in June, the panel sent evidence to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services indicating that Planned Parenthood and the human tissue procurement company StemExpress may have violated patients’ privacy under HIPPA.
Last week, the panel also sent evidence to the New Mexico Attorney General indicating that the University of New Mexico and Southwestern Women’s Options, an abortion facility, may have violated New Mexico’s Jonathan Spradling Revised Uniform Anatomical Gift Act (Spradling Act).
The Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives formed after a series of undercover videos revealed Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies’ body parts, potentially in violation of the law. Since then, the panel has uncovered a growing list of evidence that abortion facilities have violated federal laws.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.