The state of New Hampshire will resume funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business despite undercover videos and investigations showing it selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Last yer, New Hampsire became the second state to cancel state taxpayer funding for the Planned Parenthood abortion business after multiple expose’ videos have caught the abortion business selling the body parts of aborted babies. The Republican-led Executive Council has rejected roughly $650,000 in state taxpayer funding for the abortion company.
At the time, GOP councilor Chris Sununu, who had supported Planned Parenthood in the past, voted against the contract, saying the state should be investigating the practices of Planned Parenthood of Northern New England.
New Hampshire’s Executive Council voted this afternoon, divided along a 3-2 margin, to reinstate the state’s contract with Planned Parenthood of Northern New England after scrapping a similar contract last year.
Executive Councilor and Republican gubernatorial candidate Chris Sununu was the deciding vote, breaking with his Republican colleagues on the council to reinstate the contract. Sununu voted against it last year, citing the investigations into the company’s fetal tissue donation programs. In 2011, he voted in favor of renewing the state’s contract with Planned Parenthood.
“This contract is really about making sure that 12,000 women have access to funds,” Sununu told reporters after the vote, explaining his decision to support the contract after voting a similar one down last year. “Yes, it would be, some say, politically convenient to be able to stop that and put it in its place, but the constituents of my district have put me up into the executive council to uphold the constitution, to treat everyone with fairness. The investigations that, at the time were still ongoing, they’ve been debunked.”
Not only has the investigation not been debunked, a Congressional panel fond Planned Parenthood appears to be breaking federal HIPAA laws to sell aborted baby parts.
Meanwhile, a leading pro-life group is blasting Sununu for his flip-flop.
“Shame on the Council for funneling more taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood, and shame on Councilor and GOP Gubernatorial candidate Chris Sununu for going back on his vote,” said SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser. “Chris Sununu watched the shocking videos of Planned Parenthood employees discussing the harvesting of babies’ hearts, kidneys, brains, and livers for money, and rightly voted to withhold funding a year ago. The only thing that’s changed since then is mounting evidence uncovered by the U.S. House’s ongoing Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives showing Planned Parenthood’s collusion with organ buyers and illegal profits. Far from being cleared of any wrongdoing, the evidence is mounting against Planned Parenthood. Taxpayers should have no part in supporting a brutal industry that puts a price tag on mothers and their children.”
In a letter to HHS, the Congressional panel wrote:
The Panel’s investigation uncovered a series of business contracts between StemExpress, a tissue procurement business, and several abortion clinics. These contracts included provisions for the payment of fees by StemExpress to the abortion clinic for fetal tissue and maternal blood. StemExpress then resold the fetal tissue and blood to researchers.
… In particular the Panel’s investigation has uncovered information indicating that StemExpress and Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (“PPMM”), Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific (”PPSP”) and Family Planning Specialists Medical Group (“FPS”) … committed systematic violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPPA”) privacy rule from about 2010 to 2015. These violations occurred when the abortion clinics disclosed patients’ individually identifiable health information to StemExpress to facilitate the TPB’S efforts to procure human fetal tissue for resale. This complaint is against each of these entities, and we request a swift and full investigation by the Office of Civil Rights in the Department of Health and Human Services.
The Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives formed after a series of undercover videos revealed Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies’ body parts, potentially in violation of the law. Since then, the panel has uncovered a growing list of evidence that abortion facilities have violated federal laws.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.