Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn has taken a lot of heat for leading the investigation of the abortion industry and the trafficking of aborted baby body parts.
But Blackburn is persevering and uncovering a growing pile of evidence exposing the profit-driven motives of the abortion industry.
In a new interview with The Daily Signal, Blackburn said she is concerned that both pregnant women and their unborn babies are being used as a “profit center” for abortion facilities and tissue procurement groups.
Blackburn chairs the Select Panel on Infant Lives, a special U.S. Congressional committee established to investigate the abortion industry and groups that handle aborted baby body parts. Congress launched the investigation after a series of undercover videos showed top Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of aborted babies’ body parts.
Some of the recent evidence uncovered by the committee shows a procurement group charging tax on the sale of three aborted babies’ brains, Blackburn said in the new interview. The evidence indicates that “this is something that has moved into a profit-motive structure, and we’re very concerned about what that does to women and babies,” she continued.
Blackburn said the committee is asking procurement groups for accounting and banking records to determine whether these sales are illegal. Under the law, human tissue cannot be sold, but groups are allowed to charge for the costs to procure and process the tissue, she said.
Recently, Blackburn’s committee also uncovered evidence that abortion clinics may have shared their patients’ private health information in violation of HIPPA, LifeNews reported. In addition, women appear to have been misled on consent forms to procure their aborted babies’ body parts.
“This betrayal of a young woman’s trust should disgust us all,” Blackburn said while announcing the new evidence. “It takes financial advantage, obtains consent through coercion, and deceives the woman, all in violation of federal privacy laws.”
Blackburn is calling on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to investigate the potential violations.
In a letter to HHS, she wrote:
The Panel’s investigation uncovered a series of business contracts between StemExpress, a tissue procurement business, and several abortion clinics. These contracts included provisions for the payment of fees by StemExpress to the abortion clinic for fetal tissue and maternal blood. StemExpress then resold the fetal tissue and blood to researchers.
… In particular the Panel’s investigation has uncovered information indicating that StemExpress and Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (“PPMM”), Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific (”PPSP”) and Family Planning Specialists Medical Group (“FPS”) … committed systematic violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPPA”) privacy rule from about 2010 to 2015. These violations occurred when the abortion clinics disclosed patients’ individually identifiable health information to StemExpress to facilitate the TPB’S efforts to procure human fetal tissue for resale. This complaint is against each of these entities, and we request a swift and full investigation by the Office of Civil Rights in the Department of Health and Human Services.
According to the panel, StemExpress put tissue procurement technicians inside abortion clinics to work harvesting aborted babies’ body parts. These procurement technicians received patients’ private medical records and were permitted to interview patients, according to the letter.
Blackburn said there is no “medically valid reason” why the procurement technicians should have been allowed to see patients’ private medical files.
In April, she cited evidence that women sitting in abortion clinic waiting rooms are lobbied to donate their aborted babies’ bodies. Her committee also heard testimony from a doctor connected to Planned Parenthood who said its consent forms for fetal tissue donation misled women.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.