Pro-abortion lawmakers continued their attacks this week against anyone who dares to question the abortion business Planned Parenthood.
The Hill reports 178 U.S. Congressional Democrats signed a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan, demanding that he stop a federal investigation of the abortion industry.
All but 10 House Democrats signed the letter, which accuses the investigative panel of jeopardizing the safety of abortion workers, patients and researchers who use aborted babies body parts, according to the report.
It is the latest in a series of attacks against the Select Panel on Infant Lives, the U.S. House committee that is investigating abortion industry practices after a series of undercover videos showed top Planned Parenthood officials discussing the trafficking of aborted babies’ body parts.
Here is more from the report:
They called out the investigation panel’s chairwoman, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), for demanding that universities and clinics release the names of individuals involved in abortions or fetal tissue research “for no legitimate congressional reason.”
Some of those contacted by the panel “have expressed fear for their safety if identified in connection with this investigation, with some repeatedly described by [Blackburn] and other Republicans in misleading and inflammatory terms,” the Democrats wrote.
… Democrats said Blackburn called out [Planned Parenthood] in a press release before ever reaching out to them or finding evidence of wrongdoing.
Democrats also accused their GOP leaders of violating House rules by issuing subpoenas to 19 people — 17 of whom were not given a chance to first respond voluntarily.
A few weeks ago, a group of House Democrats sent a similar letter to Ryan, demanding that he disband the panel, LifeNews reported. Then, last week, pro-abortion lawmakers tried to push through a vote to shut down the investigation. It failed.
The continued attempts to thwart the committee’s investigation are suspicious, given that the investigation already has uncovered evidence of wrong-doing in the abortion industry. In addition, some of the leading Democrats who are trying to stop the investigation received campaign donations from Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion groups. U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Illinois, in particular, has numerous ties to abortion advocates. Her husband, for example, is the partner at a political firm whose top clients include Planned Parenthood, NARAL and some of the other major abortion groups in the nation, according to The Federalist.
In the past few months, the panel has uncovered evidence of illegal activity, including that the abortion business Planned Parenthood deceived women on its consent forms and illegally profited from the sale of aborted babies’ body parts.
Recently, a new white paper on the pricing of aborted baby parts from the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives revealed Planned Parenthood appears to be breaking the law. The document points out that “to profit from the acquisition or transfer of fetal tissue violates Title 42 USC §289 g-2, which prohibits the transfer of any fetal tissue for valuable consideration that exceeds the reasonable costs associated with the procurement.”
The white paper and accompanying exhibits show that the middleman company StemExpress does all of the work to transfer the aborted baby parts — making it so Planned Parenthood is spared any significant expense, thus leaving it with pure profit from the sale of the parts.
“The [abortion clinic] has no costs so the payments from the [procurement business] to the [abortion clinic] are pure profit,” the report concludes. “All costs are born by the [procurement business] or the customer. The payments from the customer to the PB exceed its cost by a factor of 300 to 400 percent.”
The document also reveals 1 in 5 abortion clinics, whether they were affiliated with Planned Parenthood or independent abortion centers, were selling the body parts of aborted babies when CMP began exposing the sales at Planned Parenthood. This contradicts Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richard’s statement that only 1 percent of her abortion clinics were involved in “fetal tissue donation.”
Blackburn told LifeNews in April: “The release of videos last summer raised the question of whether abortion clinics and middleman tissue procurement businesses were profiting from the sale of baby body parts, organs and tissues. When questions are being raised about the possibility that a federal statute has been violated, Congress has a duty to the taxpayers to find the facts and get to the bottom of what is actually going on.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.