Ohio was one of the states to pass legislation defunding the Planned Parenthood abortion business but a federal judge today ruled the Buckeye State can’t revoke taxpayer funds from the abortion company while its lawsuit against the state proceeds.
The Planned Parenthood abortion business is not happy the state of Ohio approved legislation to permanently ban any taxpayer funding for the abortion corporation. Governor John Kasich recently signed the pro-life bill into law.
After the Planned Parenthood abortion company was caught in multiple states selling aborted babies and their body parts, several states have taken steps to de-fund it and Ohio beccame the 10th state to take steps to end or cut Planned Parenthood funding. Planned Parenthood runs three abortion centers in the state and every Planned Parenthood clinic refers women for abortions.
So the abortion company sued.
Today, a federal judge in Cincinnati delayed the Ohio Department of Health from de-funding abortion providers of 1.3 million taxpayer dollars. The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Judge Michael R. Barrett granted a temporary restraining order, which will last until June 6.
“If ‘choice’ is so important to Planned Parenthood, why do they and their allies refuse to let Ohio voters choose how their tax dollars are spent?” said Mike Gonidakis, president of Ohio Right to Life. “Through their elected leaders, pro-life voters have determined the need for a fiscal policy that does not come at the cost of human lives. Elections matter – one special interest’s dissatisfaction with the consequences doesn’t give them the power to compel taxpayers into a business partnership they don’t want.”
The law, which was a legislative priority for Ohio Right to Life in 2015, was set to take effect today, 90 days after Governor John Kasich signed the bill in February. On May 11, Planned Parenthood filed a lawsuit against the Ohio Department of Health to stop the law from going into effect. Planned Parenthood has acknowledged that these funds comprise 5-7 percent of their annual budget.
“Yet again, an activist judge jumps to Planned Parenthood’s rescue, showcasing the special privilege Planned Parenthood has, even in a state of pro-life voters,” said Gonidakis. “Despite the will of the people, Planned Parenthood will continue to feed at the trough of taxpayer dollars for another two weeks. Today, Planned Parenthood’s greed and power are on full display in Ohio.”
In October, Judge Barrett granted a preliminary injunction allowing Planned Parenthood of Southwest Ohio’s Cincinnati abortion facility to stay open, preventing the Ohio Department of Health department from suspending its license.
In the past year, a number of states have moved to defund Planned Parenthood after its employees were caught in a series of undercover videos attempting to sell aborted babies’ body parts.
After Kasich signed the defunding bill, Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Casey Mattox told LifeNews he is happy Kasich did so.
He said: “Not one more penny should go to Planned Parenthood, a scandal-plagued abortion business that does not provide comprehensive health care services for women. Ohio’s new law terminates funding for Planned Parenthood and other abortion businesses, freeing up money for more widely available and more comprehensive low-cost healthcare options for women and families in the state. Taxpayer dollars should not go to organizations with a long track record of abusive and potentially fraudulent billing practices, that have been caught in authenticated undercover videos negotiating prices for baby body parts, and that have repeatedly failed to report the sexual abuse of girls. Ohio is right to end its relationship with organizations undeserving of taxpayer money and unworthy of the taxpayers’ trust.”
A strong majority of Ohio residents want Planned Parenthood to be de-funded and the money redirected to community health centers, according to a new poll.
Pollsters found 64 percent of Ohioans believe that Congress should end taxpayer funding to Planned Parenthood, which received more than $528 million in taxpayer funding in 2014.
Even more Ohioans (68 percent) say taxpayers should not subsidize a group liked Planned Parenthood, and the government should redirect funding to the thousands of health clinics across the country that provide comprehensive health care to women and their families.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.