The state of Kansas had planned to cut off taxpayer funding of the Planned Parenthood abortion business via Medicaid by now but the lawsuit the abortion giant filed against the state has been forced to delayed defunding until July 7 because of it.
The Planned Parenthood abortion business is not happy the state of Kansas approved legislation to permanently ban any taxpayer funding for the abortion corporation. Governor Sam Brownback recently signed the pro-life bill into law.
Kansas Senate Bill 436 would prioritize Title X grants, which are taxpayer-funded, by awarding them to full-service public health clinics and hospitals first. Planned Parenthood, which often receives these grants from various states, would be pushed to the end of the list because it does not provide comprehensive health care and, essentially, defunded.
After Brownback signed the bill, the abortion company sued — and that lawsuit is delaying defunding:
Kansas will not cut off Medicaid funding for Planned Parenthood until July 7 in what marks the third delay in two weeks as the state works to prepare for a lawsuit over its action against the abortion provider.
Planned Parenthood sued Kansas earlier this month over the state’s decision to end Medicaid funding starting on May 10 — a cutoff date that the state has repeatedly moved back so that attorneys and the judge could prepare for the first hearing in the federal lawsuit.
During a telephone conference Tuesday, health department attorney Darian Dernovish told the judge the agency needs yet more time because outside attorneys are withdrawing and he will now handle the lawsuit. Dernovish suggested delaying the cutoff again — a move that U.S. District Judge Julie Robinson approved.
“This is a new case for me, with respect to the litigation,” Dernovish said.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment initially told Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri that it would terminate its Medicaid funding on May 10, but delayed the action until May 24, a second time until June 7, and now for additional month. The Planned Parenthood affiliate for the St. Louis region also is involved in the lawsuit because it treats a few Medicaid patients from Kansas in a Joplin, Missouri, clinic.
The abortion company wants a judge to put an injunction in place while the lawsuit continues — and that will be the next battle in court.
Kansas first attempted to defund abortion businesses in 2007 with the Huelskamp-Kinzer amendment, which prioritized full-service public clinics and hospitals for Title X reproductive health services money, according to Kansans for Life. The amendment failed until pro-life Gov. Sam Brownback took office in 2011 and approved it in the budget every year.
Then Brownback signed into law a bill to make the defunding permanent.
In the past year, a number of states have moved to defund Planned Parenthood after its employees were caught in a series of undercover videos attempting to sell aborted babies’ body parts.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
ACTION: Thank Governor Sam Brownback here.