Woman Fell Down Hyperventilating and Died After Legal Abortion, Doc Won’t be Held Accountable

International   |   Steven Ertelt   |   May 6, 2016   |   10:00AM   |   London, England

Previously, LifeNews.com alerted readers about the case surrounding the death of a woman from legal abortion in England, which occurred  in January 2012. Another woman from Ireland also died in recent years after getting a legal abortion in England.

The woman in this case, Aisha Chithira, was 32 when she died. Although she had her abortion in London, she was living in Dublin, Ireland, where unborn children are protected from abortion. She was 20 weeks pregnant at the time. The legal abortion Chithira obtained resulted in a heart attack caused by “extensive internal blood loss” hours after having the abortion.

Chithira got the abortion at a Marie Stopes abortion clinic in London. Marie Stopes, like Planned Parenthood, is one of the world’s largest abortion business that operates globally.

Though medical personnel were called, the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

SUPPORT LIFENEWS! If you like this pro-life article, please help LifeNews.com with a donation!

The abortionist and two nurses, who worked at UK abortion giant Marie Stopes International, in London, were charged with manslaughter as a result of the death. Abortionist Dr. Adedayo Adedejo (pictured) and nurses Gemma Pullen and Margaret Miller fought the charges in court.

Now, they will not be held accountable.

A doctor and two nurses have been cleared of killing a woman who bled to death after travelling from Ireland to the UK for an abortion.

Dr Adedayo Adedeji, 63, Gemma Pullen, 32, and Margaret Miller, 55, were formally acquitted of the gross negligence manslaughter of Aisha Chithira, 32, after the prosecution offered no evidence.

Prosecutor Sally O’Neill QC told the Old Bailey the decision to drop the manslaughter charge was taken following a review of the case.

No detailed reasons for the decision were given in court.

Dr Adedeji was also cleared of the remaining health and safety charge and will take no further part in the case.

But both Pullen and Miller still face the charge under the Health and Safety Act and are due to stand trial at the Old Bailey on June 8 this year.

Their barristers urged the prosecution to reconsider their decision to pursue the allegation.

According to the court record, the abortio was directly responsible for the young woman’s death:

‘She came to the clinic in the Ealing area on January 21, 2012, and things were fairly normal until the procedure took place at 4.30pm that day.

‘It became apparent she was quite unwell as a result of the procedure. She actually suffered an internal tear and that was causing internal bleeding and blood loss.

‘All her symptoms, which included falling to the floor, hyperventilating and many other things, were not properly dealt with.’

After the woman’s death, pro-life groups highlighted the fact that abortions are dangerous for women.

Life Institute spokeswoman Niamh Ui Bhriain said that, while the facts remained unclear, it was a tragedy that a woman who had traveled from Ireland had, like so many other women, lost her life following a supposed ‘safe, legal’ abortion.

“This woman died following a so-called ‘safe legal’ abortion carried out in a licensed abortion clinic run by Marie Stopes International, which also provides referral services in Ireland. The Irish media must now call abortion providers to account rather than allowing them to distract from this woman’s death by pretending that abortion clinics in Ireland are the solution.”