Attorneys fro pro-life advocate David Daleiden today filed motions to dismiss the lawsuit the Planned Parenthood abortion business filed against him to attempt to stop him from releasing more undercover videos exposing its sale of aborted baby parts.
“After months of aggressive pro-abort moves against David Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress, Life Legal is striking back with motions designed to stop Planned Parenthood in its tracks,” officials with the Life Legal Defense Foundation said today.
Here’s more from the pro-life legal group:
Life Legal has filed a motion to dismiss the case of Planned Parenthood v. Center for Medical Progress (CMP) and David Daleiden. In addition, six amicus—or “friend of the court”—briefs were submitted on behalf of Daleiden in the National Abortion Federation’s lawsuit against CMP. A seventh, neutral, brief filed by a diverse group of constitutional scholars discusses the critical First Amendment issues at play in that appeal.
The amicus briefs were provided by the following organizations: American Catholic Lawyers Association, Charlotte Lozier Institute, Justice and Freedom Fund, the law firm of Peace | Crowell, the Attorney Generals of 14 states, Susan B. Anthony List, and several Members of Congress.
The briefs cover a diverse range of issues, including the American public’s “unfettered right in our society to have access to important information about controversial matters,” such as abortion. Judge William Orrick of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California recently granted NAF’s request for an injunction to prohibit public access to video evidence of Planned Parenthood abortion providers discussing trafficking in fetal body parts while at a NAF conference.
The district court’s ruling was based in part on NAF’s allegations that the videos were “deceptively edited.” The amicus brief signed by six Members of Congress analyzes the findings of an independent forensic report which irrefutably established that the videos were not manipulated, altered, doctored, or misleadingly edited in any way.
“We find the free speech arguments provided by eleven law professors, including some of the nation’s leading constitutional experts, to be particularly compelling,” says Life Legal Defense Foundation Executive Director Alexandra Snyder. “With each day that goes by, the court’s ruling erodes our First Amendment protections by impeding the free flow of information. Without Daleiden’s undercover videos, the public would not have learned about the abortion industry’s practice of selling the parts of aborted babies. The public clearly has a right to access this important information.”
Life Legal also filed a motion to dismiss Planned Parenthood’s separate lawsuit against Daleiden. That motion is scheduled to be heard July 6.
The legal moves come after the pro-abortion California attorney general’s office raided Daleiden’s home.
Daleiden, the head of the Center for Medical Progress, has been a target of abortion activists and their political friends ever since he released the first undercover video last summer showing a top Planned Parenthood official discussing the sale of aborted babies’ body parts. Since then, CMP has released a dozen undercover videos of the abortion giant’s employees and partner research groups, exposing their horrendous baby body parts trade.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris oversaw the raid — but she has significant conflict of interest problems. She is funded by Planned Parenthood and her web site is currently promoting a petition for the abortion business.
“To storm into a private citizen’s home with a search warrant is outrageously out of proportion for the type of crime alleged. It’s a discredit to law enforcement, an oppressive abuse of government power,” said Matt Heffron a former federal prosecutor in Phoenix AZ and now a legal adviser to David Daleiden.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.