As LifeNews has reported, the pro-abortion California attorney general’s office raided on Tuesday the home of the undercover investigator who exposed Planned Parenthood’s trafficking of aborted babies’ body parts, according to the Center for Medical Progress.
David Daleiden, the head of the Center for Medical Progress, has been a target of abortion activists and their political friends ever since he released the first undercover video last summer showing a top Planned Parenthood official discussing the sale of aborted babies’ body parts. Since then, CMP has released a dozen undercover videos of the abortion giant’s employees and partner research groups, exposing their horrendous baby body parts trade.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris oversaw the raid — but she has significant conflict of interest problems. She is funded by Planned Parenthood and her web site is currently promoting a petition for the abortion business.
Daleiden’s legal team at the Life legal Defense Fund highlighted the issues with Harris in an email to LifeNews:
“California Attorney General Kamala Harris has obtained a warrant to search and seize David Daleiden’s property in retaliation for his investigation into Planned Parenthood’s trade in fetal body parts. Harris threatened to pursue Daleiden after the first undercover video was released last July and is now making good on her threat,” it said. “Yesterday, Department of Justice agents searched David’s home and took away many of his personal belongings.”
“The timing of the warrant appears suspect, as only days ago the Los Angeles Times taunted Harris by asking “What’s taking California so long?” to dispense “swift poetic justice” to David Daleiden,” it added.
“Kamala Harris is a staunch supporter of Planned Parenthood and has received campaign donations from numerous Planned Parenthood affiliates. These affiliates are the beneficiaries of millions of dollars in state and federal funds annually—a portion of which is funneled into political campaigns so the billion-dollar abortion cartel can call in favors as needed,” Life Legal continued.
In video after video, David Daleiden exposes Planned Parenthood officials skirting or violating federal and state laws governing fetal tissue harvesting. The CEO of California-based StemExpress is shown discussing “making it financially beneficial” for abortion providers to sell aborted tissue to fetal tissue brokers. StemExpress is currently resisting requests from Congress seeking information related to buying the bodies of intact and dismembered human fetuses aborted at California Planned Parenthood facilities.
Nevertheless, California’s Attorney General has decided that her loyalty to Planned Parenthood requires her to turn a blind eye to the abortion giant’s unlawful activity. Instead, she has launched an inquisition into David Daleiden, starting with the seizure of his private property and papers.
In contrast, when an undercover investigation of a meat-packing plant revealed potential violations of the law, Kamala Harris defended legislation to stop the barbaric treatment of animals. At no time fit the Attorney General’s office call for an investigation into the undercover journalist who exposed the illegal activity.
Lila Rose, president and founder of pro-life organization Live Action, says Harris should stop going after Daleiden, especially knowing the conflict of interest issues.
“Instead of investigating Planned Parenthood’s California abortion facilities for trafficking in baby body parts, covering up the sexual abuse of minors, and other potential crimes caught on camera over the years, Harris’s investigators searched the home of an investigative journalist who helped expose some of these heinous acts,” Rose told LifeNews.
“Harris can’t even pretend to be objective in this case. She has a petition on her campaign website to collect signatures to defend abortion giant Planned Parenthood. And her radical pro-abortion positions are well known, including her sponsoring of a California law to force pro-life crisis pregnancy centers to tell patients where they can go to get abortions,” Rose added.
Daleiden released the following statement about the raid of his California home:
Today (Tuesday), the California Attorney General’s office of Kamala Harris, who was elected with tens of thousands of dollars from taxpayer-funded Planned Parenthood, seized all video footage showing Planned Parenthood’s criminal trade in aborted baby parts, in addition to my personal information.
Ironically, while seizing my First Amendment work product, they ignored documents showing the illicit scheme between StemExpress and Planned Parenthood. This is no surprise–Planned Parenthood’s bought-and-paid-for AG has steadfastly refused to enforce the law against the baby body parts traffickers in our state, or even investigate them–while at the same time doing their bidding to harass and intimidate citizen journalists. We will pursue all remedies to vindicate our First Amendment rights.
Rachele Huennekens, a spokeswoman for state Attorney General Kamala Harris, told CBS DFW that she could not comment on any ongoing investigation.
Harris, a Democrat who is running for U.S. Senate, is endorsed by the pro-abortion National Organization for Women. NOW describes her as a “longtime, vocal supporter of Planned Parenthood” who promised to investigate the Center for Medical Progress and fight for taxpayer funding of the abortion business.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.