Florida health regulators have stopped pursuing an effort to fine three Planned Parenthoods for performing late-term abortions, claiming that Gov. Rick Scott’s new restrictions on abortion would make doing so redundant. This is unusual, though, for the new abortion regulations do not go into effect until July 1.
Health inspectors first learned about Florida Planned Parenthoods doing 2nd-trimester abortions last year in violation of its license with the state, LifeNews reported. The investigation into the clinics was spurred by the famous undercover videos showing top Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of aborted babies’ body parts.
State inspectors found that “after inspecting all 16 Planned Parenthood clinics in Florida, the state Agency for Health Care Administration announced … that three have performed procedures outside the scope of their licenses and one has not kept proper records on disposing fetal remains.”
Though it is unclear to pro-life advocates why the investigation and charges are being abandoned, Planned Parenthood is already seizing the moment to tout its message. ABC News reports that Barbara Zdravecky, CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida, said the decision to drop charges shows that the potential fines were “politically motivated.” The abortion business also is asking a judge to order the state to reimburse its attorney fees, according to the report.
The Orlando Sentinel reports a Florida AHCA spokesman said in a statement: “On Friday, Governor Scott signed HB 1411, which rendered these administrative proceedings moot. We will continue to hold Planned Parenthood and all Florida clinics accountable to following the law.”
Planned Parenthood claims that the abortions were still in the 1st-trimester according to its definition, but that will no longer be possible to claim with the strictness of the new law. But because of this latest development, the abortion business will no longer have to answer for abortions found to be illegal by Florida investigators.
Florida was one of at least eight states that investigated Planned Parenthood as a result of the undercover videos and found violations. For example, Ohio and South Carolina discovered abortion clinics illegally disposing of aborted babies’ bodies in landfills.
A U.S. Congressional committee that is conducting a lengthy investigation into the abortion industry also recently told the New York Times that it found evidence of possible illegal profiteering, questionable consent forms and inappropriate collusion between scientists seeking fetal tissue and abortion providers.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.