After the New York Times angered pro-abortion advocates last week by publishing a front-page photo of pro-life protesters, the newspaper returned to its usual pro-abortion agenda with an editorial blasting pro-life legislators for investigating Planned Parenthood.
In an editorial published Monday, the newspaper called the U.S. Congressional investigation of abortion clinics’ sale of aborted babies’ body parts a “showcase for fallacious attacks on fetal tissue research.”
The U.S. Congressional panel, led by pro-life Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tennessee, held its first hearing Wednesday. The Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives is focusing on bioethics and fetal tissue research related to the exposure of Planned Parenthood and others selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Pro-life legislators launched the in-depth investigative panel after undercover videos by the Center for Medical Progress caught top Planned Parenthood officials selling aborted babies’ body parts. The hearing came just one day after a 12th video exposed how Planned Parenthood officials sell the body parts of aborted babies for profit and alter abortion procedures to obtain the parts. Both are potentially violations of federal law.
The New York Times editorial board claimed the investigation is “baseless,” touting the lie that states have not found evidence of wrongdoing in their investigations of Planned Parenthood. LifeNews reported at least eight states have found evidence of wrong-doing since the undercover videos began exposing horrific abortion practices.
During the hearing Wednesday, U.S. Rep. Diane Black, R-Tennessee, called out abortion clinics for making a business off the killing of aborted babies. She asked, “Have we reached a point in our society where there effectively is an Amazon.com for human parts, including entire babies?”
The NYT editorial board slammed Black’s remarks Monday, claiming her “bizarre” statement had “no basis in reality.” Black, a nurse for more than 40 years, knows what she is talking about. The 12 undercover videos have shown abortion clinic and biotech company staffers talking about harvesting and selling aborted baby parts, including whole babies’ bodies when they can get them.
Interestingly, the editorial board blamed the pro-life legislators for potentially endangering lives in their investigation. Of course, they never mention unborn babies’ lives. The newspaper editorial writers said they were concerned about the safety of abortion clinic workers and medical researchers:
The panel, dominated by Republicans, decided to issue subpoenas requesting the names of medical researchers who work with fetal tissue and employees at a clinic that provides abortions. That tactic could put clinic workers, who routinely face harassment and threats, at greater risk by making their names public as part of a congressional investigation.
The editorial went on to blame pro-life lawmakers for trying to hinder scientific research and then acted surprised that the pro-life lawmakers also would like to end abortion:
Wednesday’s hearing showed that limiting or ending access to legal abortion services is part of the agenda. … Since the panel’s goals are so broad, its future direction is unclear. What is clear is that by pursuing their baseless investigation into “baby body parts,” Republicans are continuing the campaign against fetal tissue research and reproductive rights that the Center for Medical Progress began.
It has been a long time since the New York Times has been a friend to pro-lifers and unborn babies. Its reporting on the undercover videos has been very biased. Not long after it first reported about the undercover videos, it had to issue a correction about the full footage of videos being released.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.