Mississippi Senate lawmakers are the latest to take action against Planned Parenthood after a series of undercover videos showed the abortion business selling aborted babies’ body parts.
On Wednesday, the state Senate passed a bill to stop Planned Parenthood from receiving state Medicaid dollars, according to The Clarion-Ledger.
State Sen. Brice Wiggins, R-Pascagoula, defended the bill from pro-abortion lawmakers who contended that the bill is not necessary because the Planned Parenthood in Mississippi does not do abortions, according to the report. Planned Parenthood clinics that do not do abortions still refer women other places for them.
“You are the company you keep and by Mississippi reimbursing Planned Parenthood through Medicaid, we are keeping that company,” Wiggins said.
In answer to questions, Wiggins said Planned Parenthood received $1,000 or less in state funds in each of the past five years. Wiggins said the bill was prompted by the shocking revelations in the undercover videos showing Planned Parenthood officials selling aborted babies’ body parts.
Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves also issued a statement in support of the bill Wednesday, WTOK 11 reports.
“The taxpayers of the state of Mississippi do not want and should not be forced to spend money on Planned Parenthood,” Reeves said. “This legislation ensures taxpayers’ dollars are funding services that support women’s health through family planning needs, reducing the teen pregnancy rate and lowering the infant mortality rate.”
“I am committed to making Mississippi the safest place in America for an unborn child,” Reeves added.
Mississippi Senate Bill 2238 is modeled after Texas legislation, Wiggins said. It heads to the state House for consideration.
A handful of states have passed legislation to defund abortion businesses after the Planned Parenthood abortion company was caught in multiple states selling aborted babies and their body parts. Ohio is the latest to pass such legislation.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of the twelve videos:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.