David Daleiden, the man behind the undercover Planned Parenthood videos, recently shared details about what going undercover was like and admitted that there were times where he thought he was found out.
He told the Washington Examiner that some of his meetings with abortion providers were tense, with some suspicious looks being exchanged. Daleiden thought he was caught during his lunch with Mary Gatter, the president of Planned Parenthood’s Medical Directors Council. She questioned him aggressively, leaving Daledien worried for days about whether his cover was blown. It turned out that it was just her personality, for the next time they met at a Planned Parenthood medical directors meeting she was cordial, he said.
“She has that ornery personality when she first meets you and then warms up to you later,” Daleiden said.
Daleiden’s discussion with Gatter later was revealed in the second undcover video released in July 2015 by his group, the Center for Medical Progress. The video showed Gatter haggling over payments for intact fetal specimens and offering to use a “less crunchy technique” to get more intact body parts. By the lunch’s end, Gatter suggested $100 per specimen was not enough and concluded: “Let me just figure out what others are getting, and if this is in the ballpark, then it’s fine, if it’s still low, then we can bump it up. I want a Lamborghini.”
Daleiden explained that roles in the undercover operation were given so that little acting would be required. That is why in the undercover operation, Daleiden said he played the role of the “nerdy science geek.” He said he prepared for the role by learning background information about tissue procurement at regenerative medicine and stem cell science meetings, trade shows and conferences.
The undercover operation was a three-year process, but the videos themselves were released quickly after they were recorded, for Daleiden said he wanted to avoid Planned Parenthood realizing what his team was doing. This concern largely had to do with the fact that Daleiden was never going to sign any contracts to purchase body parts, he said. The videos were released quickly enough that this turned out not to be an issue, he said.
“We were doing undercover work up until a week before the first media release,” Daleiden said.
When asked about future investigations, Daleiden said he is focused on the current investigation for now.
“There’s still plenty of unreleased footage and still plenty under court order,” Daleiden said.
Earlier this year, a Texas grand jury indicted Daleiden and another pro-life activist Sandra Merritt on bogus charges related to their undercover investigation and exposure of the Planned Parenthood abortion business selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Instead of prosecuting Planned Parenthood for selling aborted baby parts, Daleiden was indicted for buying them. Daleiden and Merritt were charged with one felony related to tampering with a governmental record and a misdemeanor count related to buying human tissue. The felony charge was in reference to the use of a fake ID. If convicted, Daleiden faces 20 years in prison while Planned Parenthood officials face no legal consequences for their actions.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.