The Planned Parenthood Federation of America abortion business released its annual report today covering its activities for 2014 and the abortion company indicated it killed 323,999 babies in abortions. Meanwhile, while the abortion corporation bills itself as a health care provider it provided health care to fewer patients in 2014 than the year before.
All of this comes at a time when Planned Parenthood is under heavy criticism for selling the body parts of aborted babies — and it has been exposed in 11 undercover videos doing so.
The newest annual report shows the number of abortions done at Planned Parenthood centers fell from 327,653 to 323,999, but a representative of a national pro-life group says the numbers still make Planned Parenthood the largest abortion business in the nation, by far.
“Although this may seem to be a small drop, it continues a trend of Planned Parenthood’s decreasing abortion business,” said Jim Sedlak, vice president of American Life League. “This year’s number is the lowest number of annual abortions at Planned Parenthood since 2007.”
The decrease in the number of abortions isn’t due to a lowered commitment to make a profit from ending the lives of unborn children in abortions. It appears to be a part of a bigger problem: Planned Parenthood is having an increasingly difficult time getting customers of any kind through its doors.
The 2,500,000 patients Planned Parenthood saw in 2014 is the lowest annual number reported by Planned Parenthood since 1998. A quick look at the numbers contained in its report shows that the number of “services” PP provided to its customers fell from 10,590,333 in 2013 to 9,455,582 in 2014. This represents an 11 percent drop in services provided by Planned Parenthood.
Sedlak told LifeNews that, while Planned Parenthood was seeing fewer patients and delivering fewer services, government grants and reimbursements to the organization rose from $528.4 million to $553.7 million—a 4.8 percent increase.
“It is absolutely incredible that Planned Parenthood continues to get more and more taxpayer dollars while its customer base and services provided plummets,” he said. “An 11 percent decrease in services and a record low number of clients are very significant, yet Congress recently passed a budget for 2016 keeping Planned Parenthood fully funded. It is time this stopped.”
The Planned Parenthood report shows that, at the same time the government was increasing funding by $25.3 million, private contributions to the organization decreased by $38.3 million.
“Apparently,” said Sedlak, “private individuals are more aware of the horrors perpetrated by Planned Parenthood and are taking action to reduce their gifts to the organization.”
“What this Planned Parenthood Annual Report shows,” Sedlak concluded, “is that, despite the inaction on taxpayer funding at the federal level, the foes of Planned Parenthood are having a significant effect on PP by closing down clinics all across the country.”
The total number abortion clinics in America continues to decline, following a nationwide trend extending back to 1991. In 2015, abortion clinics closed at a rate of more than one per week with 53 abortion clinics shutting down or halting all abortion services.
Currently, there are 517 surgical abortion clinics and 213 medication abortion clinics remaining active in the U.S., the lowest numbers in decades.
In 1991, which is considered the high water mark for the number of abortion clinics, 2,176 surgical facilities offered abortions. Since then, 81% have closed.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.