The fate of dead babies’ bodies is at the heart of a new debate in Ohio after several Planned Parenthood abortion facilities were caught dumping aborted babies’ bodies in landfills.
Earlier this month, an investigation by Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine revealed that the abortion giant’s callous disposal of aborted babies’ body parts appears to go against state law. The investigation found that Planned Parenthood was steam cooking the aborted babies’ bodies and them throwing them in a landfill in Kentucky.
DeWine argued that this is in violation of Ohio Revised Code (3701-47-05) which requires that aborted fetal remains be disposed humanely. DeWine also called on legislators to clarify rules to ensure that aborted babies’ remains are treated humanely.
In stark contrast to Planned Parenthood’s actions, most Ohio hospitals practice humane treatment in handling miscarried babies’ bodies, according to the Newark Advocate. In most cases, Ohio hospitals defer to the family for directions about the miscarried baby; and if the family does not have arrangements, hospitals work with funeral homes to cremate or bury the baby, the report states.
The report continues:
At Coshocton Hospital, staff allow parents to make funeral arrangements and assist with obtaining a death certificate. If relatives do not make a decision, St. Nicholas Church in Zanesville hosts a service and communal burial for fetuses, hospital spokeswoman Mary Ellen Given said.
“We treat such cases with dignity,” she said.
Licking Memorial Hospital respects parents’ wishes on funeral arrangements. If they do not make arrangements, the fetal tissue is cremated, spokesman Tom Argyle said.
Fairfield Medical Center requires a signed release from the mother specifying her preference on what happens with fetal tissue. If she does not select burial or cremation, the hospital works with a local funeral home to cremate the fetal tissue, spokeswoman Donna Stalter said.
Fetal tissue is never disposed of along with biological trash, she added.
The OhioHealth group’s 11 hospitals incinerate the miscarried babies’ bodies through a medical waste vendor only if the family has not made other arrangements, said Mark Hopkins, spokesman for the hospital group.
Planned Parenthood’s methods of disposing aborted babies bodies is far less humane. According to DeWine’s investigation, three of its Ohio abortion facilities in Cincinnati, Columbus and Bedford Heights improperly contracted with companies that “cook” aborted babies’ remains and then dump them in a Kentucky landfill.
“First steam-cooking fetuses and then disposing of them in a landfill is not humane,” DeWine told Cincinnati.com. “It will come as a shock to Ohioans to find out that fetuses are being cooked and then they’re being put in a landfill, and they’re going to be mixed in with the garbage and whatever else goes into a landfill.”
A judge recently blocked the state from enforcing the law after Planned Parenthood filed a lawsuit against the state, claiming the investigation was politically motivated. The judge said Planned Parenthood could suffer “irreparable harm” if the state filed a lawsuit, and the organization stands “some likelihood of success” in prevailing in a court battle.
DeWine began the investigation after Planned Parenthood was caught potentially breaking multiple federal laws to sell the body parts of aborted babies in a series of undercover videos.
Ohio is the second state to indicate Planned Parenthood is unlawfully disposing of the bodies of aborted babies. In South Carolina, the abortion business was caught illegally dumping the bodies of aborted babies in a public landfill.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.