Attacker Made Pregnant Woman Put Boyfriend on Phone While He Stabbed Her Stomach

International   |   Micaiah Bilger   |   Dec 14, 2015   |   3:53PM   |   London, England

A British mother and her unborn child are recovering from a torturous attack that nearly killed them both in May.

The Daily Mail reports that an acquaintance of the pregnant woman stabbed her in the stomach with a knife after she told him that she was pregnant. Nathaniel Robinson, who later pled guilty to the attack, reportedly forced the woman to call her boyfriend on speakerphone so that he could hear her screams.

Robinson then directed the blows to the unnamed woman’s stomach, stabbing her nine times at her home in Bournville, England, according to the report. After Robinson fled, the woman, fearing for her life and her unborn baby, locked the door and called her mother and an ambulance, the report states.

The report continues:

She had lost so much blood that, when a 999 operator urged her to apply pressure to the wound, she replied: “Which one

The victim said she and Robinson had been friends for several years and she has no idea why he launched the attack. Robinson, 25, pleaded guilty to GBH and is due to be sentenced later this week.

Recalling the terrifying attack, the woman – who did not want to be named – said: “My boyfriend could hear my screams on the other end of the line.

“I pleaded with Robinson to stop. I said: ‘Please don’t do this, I’m pregnant.’ But then he started to target my stomach.

“I grabbed the knife, which is why I had hand injuries. He was completely silent throughout. The only screaming came from me and then he stopped and walked off. He obviously felt he had done enough.”

The pregnant woman said she was shocked by Robinson’s behavior. She said she initially laughed when he pulled out the large kitchen knife – “but it very quickly started to sink in.”

After he left, she immediately crawled over to lock the door, afraid that he would come back and kill her, she said. When the police and ambulance arrived, she was bleeding heavily. They rushed her to the hospital “where her only thought was for her baby,” the report states.



The victim and her unborn son survived the gruesome attack. Since then, the expecting mother had two operations for severe nerve damage on her finger and knee, according to the report.

“The first wound was stabbed down into my knee and all of my tendons and ligaments were severed,” she told the newspaper. “I had minimum pain relief and just kept asking about my baby. I was awake during surgery because of the anesthetic and I was terrified I would lose my baby. I am very lucky we both survived.”

The 25-year-old is due to give birth to a baby boy next month, but she said she remains afraid about what will happen after Robinson is released from prison. Robinson was not convicted of attempted murder in the attack, which concerns his victim. He is scheduled to be sentenced later this week, the report states.

“My baby boy is due in January, and I am hoping the new year will mark a new start and a new beginning,” she said. “I just pray he is given a lengthy sentence.”

Robinson’s motives are unclear, but violence against pregnant women and their unborn babies is common – even without counting abortion.

In two horrific cases earlier this year, two American women were attacked and their unborn babies were cut out of their wombs.

In November, the New York woman who was nearly 9-months pregnant died after a childhood friend cut her unborn baby from her womb in an attempt to pass the infant off as her own. Angelikque Sutton, 22, had been stabbed multiple times across her body. Sutton visited 22-year-old Ashleigh Wade at her apartment, where police say Wade stabbed Sutton to death, and then carved her baby out of her stomach.

Police say Wade had been telling people for months she was pregnant, even posting a baby registry and due date online. But police say she was never pregnant. Wade was reportedly friends with Sutton back in elementary school, and the two had reconnected before Wade invited Sutton to her apartment. That’s where police found Wade and Sutton’s body.

The unborn baby survived the attack and is reportedly in good health.

In the Colorado case, Dynel Catrece Lane was arrested after she attacked a pregnant woman and cut her 7-month-old unborn baby from her womb. In this unbelievable act of violence, the baby died but the victim, Michelle Wilkins, survived. A 911 recording shows the baby breathed a heavy last gasp before she died.

Tragically, in Wilkins’ case, she was the only victim recognized in the crime against her and her unborn baby. Criminals in Colorado, unlike most other states, can’t be charged with a second crime for killing or injuring unborn babies.

Experts believe these extremely rare but highly disturbing cases are increasing in the U.S.