There’s not much that united Republican, independents and Democrats. But when it comes to what should be done about the Planned Parenthood abortion business selling the body parts of aborted babies, 68 percent of Americans are in agreement — the abortion company ought to be investigated.
A new poll commissioned by the Polling Company found Americans united on both investigating Planned Parenthood and cutting or stopping its taxpayer funding as a result of the expose’ showing it selling aborted babies and their body parts.
“We just finished brand new research confirming the findings of previous focus groups that those that have seen or heard the details of the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) investigation shift in their opinion of Planned Parenthood. In earlier focus groups we learned that even Planned Parenthood supporters, when made aware of the facts in the CMP video, switch their opinion on the abortion provider. We expanded the research in a new nationwide poll. When the basic, undeniable facts about Planned Parenthood are revealed, the dynamic changes completely,” pollster Kellyanne Conway said.
Here’s more about what the December 2015 nationwide poll found. The poll was of just over 1,000 adults – 44 percent self-identified as Democrats and 39 percent as Republicans:
After answering a series of questions on the baby body parts expose and hearing that Planned Parenthood is “the nation’s largest abortion provider, receives a half billion dollars from the government each year, spends millions of dollars in partisan political activities and was recently exposed on video as bartering the cost of baby body parts and fetal tissue, a 54% – majority say they are “mostly negative” toward Planned Parenthood.Public opinion toward Planned Parenthood shifts dramatically after respondents learn basic truths about the group. On a separate question, a 68% -majority of Americans, including majorities of self -identified Republicans (76%), Independents (72 %), and Democrats (64%) back continued investigations based on the video allegations. This marks rare tri- partisan agreement in Washington.We also asked Americans how they would response to those saying that the government should tempo rarily freeze taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood until the baby body parts investigations are completed. A combined 56% favor some sort of adjustment to Planned Parenthood’staxpayer funding: 27% say it should be frozen, while a separate 19% say it should be eliminated, and another 10% would reduce its funding.Additionally, our survey shows that 28% of Americans say they have already seen some of the undercover Planned Parenthood videos. Among those that have not seen any portions of the CMP videos, their reasons are varied: 38% (and 45% of men) say they are “not interested” in the videos, while 26% (and 33% of women) are afraid of what they might see. Another 20% say that they are curious about what was said and done in the videos and would like to see them. Only 10% of this group that have not viewed said it was due to a distrust of their veracity or authenticity.
David Daleiden of Center for Medical Progress told LifeNews the results of the poll confirm that the videos his group orchestrated have helped shift public opinion against Planned Parenthood and abortion.
“The public mandate is clear for Planned Parenthood to be investigated and held accountable under the law for their illicit abortion and baby parts business, and for taxpayer funding to be reassigned to real healthcare providers instead of Planned Parenthood’s scandal-plagued abortion boutiques,” he said. “The memo and new data released today confirm what previous polling has shown—when Americans see the evidence for themselves about Planned Parenthood’s fetal organ trafficking, they reject Planned Parenthood’s false and fraudulent advertising as a mainstream healthcare provider.”
The poll comes on the heels of a Senate vote to de-fund Planned Parenthood. That legislation is expected to be approved by the House next month and then go to President Obama.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.