They were caught on tape selling aborted babies’ body parts.
Planned Parenthood apologized for one doctor’s “tone and statements.” Its president, Cecile Richards, even called her comments unacceptable in a public announcement video.
But at least two of those doctors, Dr. Deborah Nucatola and Dr. Deborah VanDerhei, are still playing a key role in the abortion business’s dealings. Documents obtained by LifeNews today show Nucatola and VanDerhei were presenters at a secret Planned Parenthood conference in Chicago last week.
According to an agenda from the November meeting, Nucatola was a presenter who led a “hot topics” discussion on Saturday, Nov. 14. VanDerhei led a session on the same day called “Abortion by the numbers.”
Nucatola was the first top-level Planned Parenthood employee caught in the undercover investigation by the Center for Medical Progress. In the first video, Nucatola, the Senior Director of Medical Services for the abortion business, described how Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of aborted unborn children and admits she uses partial-birth abortions to supply intact body parts.
It was Nucatola’s comments that initially spurred national outrage against Planned Parenthood’s horrific abortion practices. After the video was released, Planned Parenthood faced so much outrage that its president, Cecile Richards, made her own video apologizing for Nucatola’s comments.
“In the video, one of our staff members speaks in a way that does not reflect that compassion. This is unacceptable and I personally apologize for the staff member’s tone and statements. As always, if there’s ever any aspect of our work that can be strengthened, we want to know about it, and take swift action to address it,” Richards said in the video.
But, as the conference agenda shows, Planned Parenthood continues to elevate the employees who it apologized for only a few months ago.
The Pro-Life Action League discovered the secret meeting in Chicago and planned a protest on Nov. 16.
Eric Scheidler, executive director of the Pro-Life Action League, said in a press release: “Why is Planned Parenthood so afraid of anyone finding out what they say behind closed doors? They tried to keep the location of this abortion conference secret — but we found them out.”
Commenting prior to the protest, Scheidler said, “We’ll be there to expose the truth about Planned Parenthood as they fine-tune their abortion methods and honor men like Dr. Mark Nichols, who paved the way for FDA approval of mifepristone, an abortion drug that has killed eight women in the U.S., along with at least two million unborn children.”
The protesters planned to hold signs exposing Planned Parenthood’s abortion harvesting business and hand out literature about how the abortion business preys on women, families and communities, according to the press release.
In the first undercover video, Nucatola was at a business lunch with actors posing as buyers from a human biologics company. As head of PPFA’s Medical Services department, Nucatola has overseen medical practice at all Planned Parenthood locations since 2009. She also trains new Planned Parenthood abortion doctors and performs abortions herself at Planned Parenthood Los Angeles up to 24 weeks.
Dr. Nucatola told undercover investigators: “You’re just kind of cognizant of where you put your graspers, you try to intentionally go above and below the thorax, so that, you know, we’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m going to basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
The abortionist also explained that Planned Parenthood charges per-specimen for baby body parts and is aware of their own liability for doing so. When asked about a price, she said, “I would say it’s probably anywhere from $30 to $100, depending on the facility and what’s involved.” Unbelievably, she admitted that some body parts, such as livers and heads, are much more popular and go for a higher price than other specimen.
In the 10th video, VanDerhei refers to payments for fetal tissue as “donation for remuneration,” which carries the connotation of financial reward or benefit without regard for actual expenses. VanDerhei explains, “I have been talking to the executive director of the National Abortion Federation, we’re trying to figure this out as an industry, about how we’re going to manage remuneration, because the headlines would be a disaster.” VanDerhei is the National Director for CAPS, an influential committee within Planned Parenthood that drives abortion policy across the organization.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.