After the Planned Parenthood abortion company was caught in multiple states selling aborted babies and their body parts, several states have taken steps to de-fund it. Ohio is the next up to the plate with new legislation to de-fund Planned Parenthood, which runs approximately one-third of the abortion centers in the Buckeye State.
The Ohio state House today approved the bill on a 62-30 vote.
Approval of House Bill 294, introduced by Representatives Bill Patmon and Margaret Conditt, follows the vote for a Senate version of the defunding bill. Both come in the wake of the summer’s undercover video scandal that shows Planned Parenthood officials allegedly selling aborted baby body parts.
The House bill would divert more than $1 million in government funding away from Planned Parenthood and send it instead to legitimate medical health centers that provide tangible health care for women.
The state’s leading pro-life group applauded the vote.
“This summer, Planned Parenthood painted a stunningly gruesome portrait of their abortion business,” said Stephanie Ranade Krider, executive director of Ohio Right to Life. “It’s no accident that when Ohioans learn about Planned Parenthood’s ongoing scandal, two-thirds support de-funding Planned Parenthood. As the abortion giant’s PR team scrambles to pull the pink curtain back around their dirty business, the pro-life movement is experiencing a reawakening and pro-choicers are questioning their allegiance to Planned Parenthood.”
“Whether by recalling ‘it was a twin’ while reaching into the freezer or by any other heinous remarks they made during the hours long footage, Planned Parenthood has shown us what’s at stake,” said Krider. “Bipartisan pro-life leadership is key to ending these crimes against humanity. Ohio Right to Life thanks Speaker of the House Cliff Rosenberger for leading the House of Representatives in passing H.B. 294. Thanks to the impassioned leadership of Representative Conditt, Representative Patmon, and Chairman Derickson, Ohio is one step closer to protecting precious lives and keeping our tax dollars from those who would do them harm.”
Before the Senate floor vote, the Senate Government Oversight and Reform Committee passed the legislation following witness testimony from pro-life organizations and abortion advocates.
Casey Mattox, senior counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, testified that SB 214 is both constitutional and consistent with applicable federal law. Julie Moore, director of operations for Pregnancy Decision Health Centers in Columbus, testified as a representative of Ohio‘s vast network of pregnancy help centers that assist women facing unplanned pregnancies. Dr. Kathleen Lutter testified as an OB-GYN physician who has practiced medicine for 31 years.
“There is no reason that the State of Ohio should be in business with the so-called ‘Walmart’ of abortion,” said Krider. “When an organization like Planned Parenthood ranks as one of the world’s 50 most lucrative non-profits, the State should seriously reconsider how it is allocating taxpayer dollars. We are grateful for the prudence and compassion of our elected officials in continually leading our state towards a more life-affirming culture.”
Congress has voted multiple times in an attempt to de-fund Planned Parenthood, but Senate Democrats have blocked the bills so far. A third vote is expected after Thanksgiving.
A new Congressional report finds that de-funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business — even for one year — would save “several thousand” unborn babies from the nightmare of abortion. The report also finds de-funding Planned Parenthood would save the federal government $235 million.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.