Three South Carolina abortion clinics could face major fines for dumping aborted babies’ bodies into landfills, according to the state Department of Health and Environmental Control.
The fines are a result of investigations the state began in August after the Center for Medical Progress released undercover videos showing top Planned Parenthood officials discussing how they harvest aborted babies’ body parts for research.
New details of the investigation came out Thursday during a state House panel meeting, according to WIS News 10.
The abortion clinics, along with two waste disposal companies, could pay fines ranging from $2,200 to $21,150 for violating the state disposal regulations, department Director Catherine Heigel told the panel.
The local news report continues:
Violations cited in the five consent orders dated Friday include paperwork issues and fetuses being sterilized with steam and taken to a landfill, rather than incinerated as required by law … The lowest proposed fine is against the Charleston Women’s Medical Center … for not accurately reporting the amount of waste it generates on its registration renewal.
CLICK LIKE IF YOU’RE PRO-LIFE!
The orders give 30 days to pay a fine, but they note the amounts are under discussion.
GOP Rep. Gary Clary, chairman of the House Oversight panel, applauded Heigel for “tightening up” on inspections.
In September, state investigators discovered that the three South Carolina abortion clinics had violated other laws and regulations, LifeNews.com previously reported.
“South Carolina is a compassionate state, and we are a state of laws,” pro-life Gov. Nikki Haley said at the time. “We will not tolerate law breaking of any kind, particularly as it relates to the callous treatment of human life.”
The three abortion clinics faced fines for those violations, too. The local news reports more:
As for the Sept. 11 suspension orders, DHEC lifted sanctions Sept. 28 against the Greenville Women’s Clinic after it addressed its six violations, paid a $2,750 fine and submitted proof of staff training. Planned Parenthood paid a $7,500 penalty for 21 cited violations and submitted correction plans by the Sept. 28 deadline but asked DHEC to reconsider some of the violations, putting the suspension on hold. The cited violations included incomplete staff records and abortions performed sooner than 60 minutes after an ultrasound.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.