More than 50 so-called faith-based organizations are defending Planned Parenthood in the face of multiple Congressional investigations into its abortion practices.
The letter, signed by 56 supposedly faith-based groups including so-called Catholic, Episcopal, Hindu, Jewish, Methodist, Muslim and Unitarian, urged the U.S. Senate to vote against de-funding Planned Parenthood.
“A world without Planned Parenthood would be disastrous for many women and their families – particularly young women, women of color and women in rural areas,” the letter states. “We urge you to reject attacks that would reduce federal funding or otherwise undermine the provision of critical services by Planned Parenthood.”
The letter also claims that the Center for Medical Progress videos exposing Planned Parenthood for harvesting and trafficking aborted babies’ body parts are “methods of deceit.” Several forensics reports, however, found “no evidence of manipulation” in the videos.
Rev. Harry Knox, the head of the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice and one of the letter signers, also criticized the videos as an attack on abortion during an interview with ThinkProgress.
“As a Christian, I firmly believe that God trusts and empowers each of us to make the decisions that are best for ourselves and our families,” Knox told the news outlet. “In a just and righteous society, women and families are fully empowered with the tools and resources needed to decide whether, when, and under what circumstances to have children and to raise their children in healthy environments.”
Marie Alford-Harkey, deputy director of the Religious Institute and another letter signer, ironically told ThinkProgress that Planned Parenthood provides “lifesaving healthcare.”
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
Alford-Harkey said: “My faith teaches me that every human being has dignity, worth, and moral agency, and therefore should be able to make their own reproductive decisions.”
Yet, Planned Parenthood aborts about 330,000 preborn babies every year, more human beings than any other abortion group in the U.S.
The U.S. Senate is expected to vote on a de-funding bill later this month. Senate Democrats have filibustered two previous bills to de-fund the abortion company but this third bill is not subject to a filibuster. The legislation passed the house in October.
The bill would block, for one year, most federal payments to Planned Parenthood. At least 89% of federal funding of Planned Parenthood would be blocked by this bill. The bill would repeal a number of major components of the Obamacare health law, including two of the major provisions that will lead to rationing of lifesaving care — the “Independent Payment Advisory Board” and the “excess benefits tax.”
A new Congressional report finds that de-funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business — even for one year — would save “several thousand” unborn babies from the nightmare of abortion. The report also finds de-funding Planned Parenthood would save the federal government $235 million.
Some of the groups signing the letter include:
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.