Governor Bobby Jindal is fighting back against a judge’s decision forcing the state to fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business, even after it was caught selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Last week U.S. District Court Judge John deGravelle ordered the state to continue using taxpayer dollars to fund Planned Parenthood. Yesterday, the state Department of Health and Hospitals appealed that decision to the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans. Gov. Bobby Jindal announced the appeal this afternoon.
Governor Jindal said, “The State of Louisiana has the authority to determine which organizations are qualified Medicaid providers. It is clear for multiple reasons that Planned Parenthood is not qualified to do business in our state. We are going to continue fighting to terminate Planned Parenthood’s contracts with the state.”
In response to the state’s decision to appeal the ruling, Louisiana Right to Life Executive Director Benjamin Clapper issued the following statement to LifeNews.com:
“We appreciate Gov. Jindal and his administration for their continued efforts to ensure that Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion business with a history of selling the body parts of aborted babies, does not receive anymore taxpayer money in Louisiana.
“As we have shown, there are Medicaid-eligible alternative providers in place in New Orleans and Baton Rouge to provide the services that Planned Parenthood offers. In addition, our research has shown that Planned Parenthood’s claim that there are long wait times for services is a myth. Louisiana does not need Planned Parenthood.”
Even thought hundreds of other health care options exist for the small number of women who get non-abortion health care at Planned Parenthood, the judge claimed de-funding Planned Parenthood would somehow strip them of their health care.
The judge also claims the Jindal administration is cancelling Planned Parenthood’s contract for political reasons based on the series of 10 videos showing Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies and their body parts.
In August, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal canceled a state contract with Planned Parenthood that provides the abortion company with family planning funding through Medicaid. But Planned Parenthood went to court to block the move.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of the eleven videos:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- The 11th video: shows the abortion doctor for Planned Parenthood in Austin, Texas, Amna Dermish, describing a partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.