Kentucky is the latest state to propose a bill to de-fund the abortion giant Planned Parenthood.
Lead sponsor Kentucky state Rep. Lynn Bechler and 11 other legislators have signed onto the bill, which would cut off funding to Planned Parenthood clinics that refer for abortions, the Lexington Herald-Leader reports.
The funds would be redirected to community health centers that provide comprehensive care. The Planned Parenthood clinics in Kentucky received $331,309 in taxpayer funding in 2015, according to the report.
Although none of Kentucky’s Planned Parenthood facilities perform abortions currently, Bechler told the news outlet that he fears the money still supports abortion.
Bechler, R-Marion, said pro-life legislators were disturbed by the undercover videos by the Center for Medical Progress showing top Planned Parenthood officials discussing how they harvest aborted babies’ body parts.
“It all comes back to money going to an organization that supports abortion and the harvesting of body parts — or baby parts — which I think is just abhorrent,” Bechler said. “And I don’t think that I’m the only one. A lot of people feel the same way, including some who don’t necessarily consider themselves pro-life.”
In the wake of the undercover videos, multiple states have proposed legislation to de-fund the abortion giant. The states of Louisiana, Arkansas and Utah also cut Planned Parenthood funding, but judges in each of those states are currently blocking the de-funding efforts.
On the federal level, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will have the U.S. Senate vote later this fall on a bill that would de-fund Planned Parenthood, as it is being investigated for selling aborted baby body parts. Senate Democrats have filibustered two previous bills to de-fund the abortion company, but this third bill is not subject to a filibuster. The bill passed the U.S. House on Oct. 23.
The 11th undercover video catches the nation’s biggest abortion business planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research and possibly using an illegal partial-birth abortion method to do it.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of the previous ten:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.