A Michigan-based pro-life group is asking the state’s Attorney General to investigate a Planned Parenthood abortionist caught on videotape arranging for the sale of the eyeballs of an aborted baby
Lisa Harris, Medical Director for Planned Parenthood Mid-South Michigan, is shown in one of the unreleased Center for Medical Progress videos selling the eyeball of an aborted baby. (Watch Below)
Harris, a physician who does 2nd-trimester abortions at the Ann Arbor, Michigan Planned Parenthood clinic admits in a Center for Medical Progress video that she harvested aborted baby body parts, in-particular “orbits” (fetal eyeballs) and “dicidual tissue,” (cells that line the uterus) and made these body parts available to “individual researchers” in exchange for “grants.”
The 11 minute interview with pro-lifer David Daleiden, posing as a biologics purchaser, is among a batch of videos he recorded at a National Abortion Federation convention—videos under a court injunction—but leaked to the public last week through a congressional “whistleblower” after a judge permitted some of the NFA videos to be handed over to Congress.
In the video Harris makes several disturbing statements that indicate she and Planned Parenthood may be violating federal laws to do illegal partial-birth abortions and violating other federal laws to sell aborted baby parts.
“I am happy to talk more about whether we are a worthwhile partner for you or not. Happy to talk about federal regulations that get in the way of doing this and what socially, what experience we let women have in conjunction with their abortions,” she says.
Regarding the harvesting of body parts, Harris admits that “All research projects pay for the effort” but indicated that payment by “individual researchers” is not per specimen, but in the form of “grants” to “cover my time.”
Monica Migliorino Miller, director of Citizens for a Pro-Life Society, a Michigan pro-life group, is very concerned about the statements. She told LifeNews.com today that, since federal law prohibits the sale of aborted baby body parts, the Harris video raises a number of questions.
“This CMP video cannot be ignored. Body parts of innocent unborn children are being harvested out of this Planned Parenthood abortion facility. Laws may have been broken—and we want the Michigan Attorney General to look into this matter. But other laws have been broken – laws that have to do with what is decent, good and just,” she said.
“These CMP videos—including the Harris video—show the dark ethic of abortion that literally reduces a human being to a thing. The innocent unborn are killed, their body parts exploited by others as abortion denigrates human beings to raw utilitarian value. If we want to be a people of justice, the killing and the harvesting must both be opposed,”Miller added.
Miller asked: “What, for instance, is the nature of these so-called “grants” to which Harris refers to “cover her time.” Is the proper consent of the woman obtained for the “donation” of the aborted baby body parts as required by Michigan law? Since Michigan law forbids anyone to perform an abortion when all or even part of the consideration for the abortion is “fetal research” –and given Harris’s concern that women feel some good is coming from the “donation” of their unborn child’s fetal parts, to what extent does this become a motivation for the performance of the abortion?”
Within the context of harvesting aborted baby body part, Harris stated that women should be allowed to feel that some good would come from their abortion experience. She showed concern that people tended to want women to “feel bad” about their abortions. Her statements made it clear that the harvesting of aborted baby body parts was something she favored for the sake of helping women feel positive about their abortion decision.
“We kind of want people to feel bad about it—not that I want that—that some good would come out of it—we don’t want women to have that.”
Miller’s group held a press conference in front of Harris’ Planned Parenthood abortion center and about 40 pro-lifers attended the conference to show support for their effort to call for an Attorney General’s office investigation.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.