After the abortion business Planned Parenthood was caught on multiple videos from across the country selling the body parts of aborted babies, Nebraska state investigators raided two Panned Parenthood abortion clinics in Nebraska and a third abortion clinic not affiliated with it. Although the raid took place in August, news of the investigation is only becoming public today.
Meanwhile, The organization that has released ten videos exposing the scandal of Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies and their body parts has released a new undercover video today with another shocking discovery. This latest video catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling the intact heads of aborted babies for research.
Nebraska’s three abortion facilities have received recent inquiries and visits from investigators with the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS). The three facilities are Planned Parenthood of the Heartland in Omaha and Lincoln and LeRoy Carhart’s facility in Bellevue.
The raids are focused on the question of how the abortion businesses handle the remains of aborted babies. The state has had a history of abortion clinics selling the body parts of aborted babies to the University of Nebraska and pro-life groups are curious to know if aborted babies and their parts are still being sold.
One Nebraska newspaper has more on the investigations:
For three and a half days in August, at the request of Republican Gov. Pete Ricketts, surveyors with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services combed through records and interviewed staff during simultaneous, surprise visits at Planned Parenthood of the Heartland’s Lincoln and Omaha clinics.
The surveyors were particularly interested in speaking with staff who handle fetal tissue, Omaha clinic director Brenda Hervey said: “They wanted to make sure they talked to those people.”
Late Monday, an HHS spokeswoman said she could provide little detail on the inspections, but confirmed that regulators made a similar visit to the Bellevue clinic operated by Dr. LeRoy Carhart.
The inspections weren’t publicly announced by HHS before or after they took place, but the results appear similar to those of public investigations of Planned Parenthood clinics elsewhere.
The inspections found multiple violations of state reporting laws related to abortions:
Surveyors did threaten both clinics with disciplinary action because of late paperwork: forms with information about abortion procedures, which the state requires for statistical purposes.
Those forms are due the 15th of each month, but the Lincoln clinic had missed the deadline five times in 2015. The Omaha clinic hadn’t been on time all year, and still hadn’t submitted forms for the most recent months, June and July, according to letters from the HHS division of public health.
Nebraska Right to Life told LifeNews.com that it welcomes the state looking into the abortion clinics’ practices.
“As designated ‘health clinics’, Nebraska’s abortion facilities have received little scrutiny over the years,” said Julie Schmit-Albin, Executive Director of Nebraska Right to Life. “Governor Ricketts is being pro-active in the wake of the Planned Parenthood video expose and asking DHHS to look more closely at the the facilities’ records and procedures.”
“While Planned Parenthood of the Heartland claims they are only found lacking in the timely filing of monthly reports, we await an apparent State Auditor’s investigation into the flow-through of Federal funds through State coffers to the facilities,” she added.
She also noted that nothing has been revealed about how LeRoy Carhart’s clinic stacked up in the DHHS investigation.
“Among other things, Carhart was the first supplier of aborted fetal tissue in the State back in 1999 when it was revealed he was supplying fetal tissue to the University of Nebraska Medical Center,” said Schmit-Albin. “UNMC severed that relationship but pro-life Nebraskans wonder if Carhart is still a supplier of fetal tissue and to what entity.”
“While Carhart took his late term abortion business to Germantown, Maryland once the Legislature passed the fetal pain ban on abortion at 20 weeks and beyond, he returns weekly to Bellevue to do abortions up to 20 weeks gestation,” the pro-life advocate told LifeNews.
Schmit-Albin also said the investigations bring back into the debate the need for the Legislature to pass LB 114, Senator Beau McCoy’s bill to change the DHHS designation of abortion facilities from ‘health clinics’ to meet the higher standards required of ‘ambulatory surgical centers.’
“The fact remains that Nebraska abortion facilities still fly largely under the radar because they do not have to meet the stricter standards that ambulatory surgical centers do,” said Schmit-Albin. “That needs to change and LB 114 is the way to do it.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all ten:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.