A Wisconsin state Senate committee today approved a pro-life bill diverting federal Title X Family Planning funds away from the Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin abortion business in the wake of a series of 10 videos exposing Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies and their body parts.
Previously, in the state Assembly, Assembly Bill (AB) 310 passed on a 60-35 vote with the support of leading pro-life groups and would shift $3.5 million annually in Title X funds to legitimate health centers that provide actual women’s health care instead of abortions.
The Senate Committee on Health and Human Services passed three bills to ban the sale and use of aborted fetal body parts and defund Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin of approximately $8 million annually.
Wisconsin Right to Life praised the Senate panel.
“We would like to thank the Wisconsin State Senate Health and Human Services Committee for voting in favor of SB 237, SB 238, and SB 260,” stated Heather Weininger, Executive Director of Wisconsin Right to Life. “We appreciate this action to move these important pro-life bills forward.”
Weininger added: “SB 237 redirects Title X funds away from Planned Parenthood and instead directs those funds to other, non-controversial health care centers. SB 238 prohibits the overbilling of Medicaid by family planning organizations like Planned Parenthood. SB 260 prohibits the sale and use of fetal tissue, safeguarding the ethics of our lifesaving research done in the state of Wisconsin.
The vote comes on the same day that Planned Parenthood made an announcement that it will no longer sell the body parts of aborted babies — but it will still harvest those body parts from victims of abortion and donate them for dubious research. Leading pro-life groups call the move a PR stunt designed to defect negative attention.
In Wisconsin, pro-life groups have been pushing the legislature to stop the sales of aborted babies and to de-fund Planned Parenthood.
Wisconsin Right to Life’s Executive Director Heather Weininger said there are better candidates for Title X funds are the 16 non-controversial, federally-qualified health centers operating in 96 service sites around the state of Wisconsin that provide women health care services.
“We need to look past puffed up claims such as the belief that without Planned Parenthood, women will not have access to care like mammograms. The reality is, not a single Planned Parenthood facility provides mammograms within their doors, just referrals to health care facilities that do provide them,” she said.
Weininger added: “By the admission of Planned Parenthood’s President and CEO Teresa Huyck in her deposition for Planned Parenthood v. Van Hollen, in 2012 alone Planned Parenthood performed about 4,000 abortions, approximately 60% of all Wisconsin abortions in that year, and the “vast majority” of the services in the Appleton North and Milwaukee-Jackson centers are abortion.”
According to Wisconsin Right to Life, based on the numbers from Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s 2013-2014 Annual Report, 19 out of every 20 pregnant women who walk through their doors are sold abortion, and abortion outnumbers adoption referrals by a ratio of 174 to one. Planned Parenthood’s claim that abortion makes up “3 percent” of its services is conjured up by parceling out each individual service it does, from a pregnancy test to a pap smear, even if all of these services are done at one visit, with one client, which is a gross manipulation of their numbers.
Congress has had multiple hearings investigating numerous abuses and potential violation of multiple laws to sell aborted baby parts.
In the first hearing on Planned Parenthood, James Bopp, the general counsel for the National Right to Life Committee, told the House Judiciary Committee that Planned Parenthood likely broke multiple federal laws in its sale of aborted babies and their body parts for research.
He said, “Recorded conversations, released by the Center for Medical Progress reveal many legal issues with Planned Parenthood’s procedures and practices regarding fetal tissue procurement.”
During a second hearing, Democrats on the panel complained that the videos showing the abuses at Planned Parenthood were “heavily edited.” But when Republicans on the committee attempted to show the videos, they objected and refused to watch them.
At a third hearing, Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards defended the sales of abortion babies. She contended that no baby has ever been born alive following a botched abortion, she essentially admitted that claims Planned Parenthood does mammograms are a lie, and she defended her exorbitantly high salary as the head of the nation’s biggest abortion business.
“These procedures and practices of Planned Parenthood, and their tissue procurement partners, show that federal laws when applicable, have been and are continuing to be violated during the procurement and sale of human fetal tissue,” Bopp explained.
Meanwhile, Congressional Republicans are looking to use the reconciliation process to approve legislation to de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business, which has been caught selling aborted babies and their body parts. After the House approved the de-funding measure, Senate Democrats defeated a bill to fund the federal government that included language de-funding Planned Parenthood for one year while the Congressional investigation continues into how it allegedly violated multiple laws to sell aborted babies and their body parts.
House Republican leaders are planning to target Planned Parenthood’s funding by immediately drafting a fast-track reconciliation bill that would be able to overcome the Democrats’ filibuster and be approved on a majority vote in the Senate.
While the reconciliation process would result in getting a bill to de-fund Planned Parenthood to pro-abortion President Barack Obama’s desk, Obama has already promised repeatedly to veto any bill that revokes taxpayer funding for the abortion company. The Senate does not have enough votes to overcome such a veto, leading some pro-life groups to point out that there is little hope of de-funding Planned Parenthood until the election of a pro-life president next year.
“The Administration strongly opposes Senate passage of the Senate amendment to H.J.Res. 61, making continuing appropriations for fiscal year (FY) 2016, and for other purposes, which contains highly objectionable provisions that advance a narrow ideological agenda,” the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) said before the vote. Eliminating federal funding to Planned Parenthood would “limit access” to healthcare for women, men, families and “disproportionately” affect low-income people, the OMB said.
Weeks ago, a previous Senate vote on de-funding Planned Parenthood saw Senate Democrats filibuster and block legislation to revoke $550 million in taxpayer funding.
A new Congressional report finds that de-funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business — even for one year — would save “several thousand” unborn babies from the nightmare of abortion. The report also finds de-funding Planned Parenthood would save the federal government $235 million.
The 10th video by The Center for Medical Progress features several top-level Planned Parenthood executives discussing the organization’s secretive practices around aborted fetal parts harvesting. The video includes comments from Deborah VanDerhei, the National Director of the organization’s Consortium of Abortion Providers, describing the harvesting of fetal body parts as “donation for remuneration.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all ten:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.