On October 6th, House Democrats sent a letter to the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) urging him to call on David Daleiden, the founder of The Center for Medical Progress (CMP), to testify before Congress. Planned Parenthood and top Democrats have criticized Daleiden and his organization for releasing ten videos exposing the abortion giant’s organ harvesting business.
In the letter, the lawmakers wrote, “We believe it is inappropriate for the Committee to continue harassing Planned Parenthood for political reasons—with no evidence of any wrongdoing—simply to force the group to squander millions of dollars in legal fees that could be going to support breast exams, cancer screenings, and other critical women’s healthcare services.”
They continued, “Unlike Planned Parenthood, Mr. Daleiden and his group engaged in a host of potentially illegal activities, including filing false documents with government agencies, falsely impersonating a legitimate business concern, soliciting charitable contributions under false pretenses, and secretly recording Planned Parenthood officials without their consent.”
Additionally, the Democrats released a list of 21 questions for Daleiden and the fake drivers license they believed he used to get inside Planned Parenthood’s abortion facilities. The head of the group, Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, said,“Mr. Daleiden and his group engaged in a host of potentially illegal activities, including filing false documents with government agencies, falsely impersonating a legitimate business concern, soliciting charitable contributions under false pretenses, and secretly recording Planned Parenthood officials without their consent.”
Daleiden doesn’t appear to be too concerned about the Democrat’s investigation. According to Buzz Feed, he said, “I’ve still received no request or subpoena to testify from any Committee.” Then he called the testimony request, “a pet project of Planned Parenthood’s political cronies in the minority.”
As LifeNews previously reported, the National Abortion Federation (NAF) filed a lawsuit in federal court “seeking a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction which would prohibit the Center for Medical Progress (CMP), David Daleiden, and others from releasing recordings and materials they illegally obtained at NAF’s educational meetings.”
Then, earlier this week, a federal judge ordered CMP to provide copies of the footage featuring NAF officials before releasing it to Chaffetz’s committee. NAF previously asked the judge to stop CMP from releasing the footage to the committee altogether but he said the copies had to be sent to everyone. Rep. Chaffetz said he’s waiting to receive those copies before bringing Daleiden in to testify.
In August, Daleiden said the following about the Democrats investigation: “They will attack me and my organization all day long, but that does not change the facts about what our investigation has uncovered and what the American people now know — that Planned Parenthood is engaged in an enterprise-wide operation that traffics and sells baby body parts.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all ten:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.