A federal judge ruled today that the pro-life group behind the shocking Planned Parenthood videos can provide unreleased video footage to Congress. The judge has prevented the Center for Medical Policy from releasing some additional videos publicly because they contain footage of employees of the National Abortion Federation, a trade group that was caught along with Planned Parenthood discussing sales of aborted baby body parts.
A fourth Congressional hearing will be held on Thursday that will focus on how the Planned Parenthood abortion business breaks federal laws to sell aborted babies and their body parts. This hearing follows on the heels of one which featured tough questions for Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards, who essentially admitted she lied about Planned Parenthood doing mammograms.
While the videos have focused on the Planned Parenthood abortion business and the biotech firm StemExpress, which buys and resells aborted baby body parts from the abortion giant, the National Abortion Federation is concerned about footage from events it has sponsored for abortion clinics across the country.
NAF said it “filed in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction which would prohibit the Center for Medical Progress (CMP), David Daleiden, and others from releasing recordings and materials they illegally obtained at NAF’s educational meetings.”
On July 31, U.S. District Court Judge William Orrick issued a temporary restraining order barringCMP from releasing footage including NAF officials. He’s extended the order several times, despite requests from CMP to lift it.
But, today, he lifted the order in part to allow CMP to release additional footage to Congress. He allowed CMP to give to a House committee footage that the panel has subpoenaed but the court order remains in place barring CMP from releasing those particular videos publicly.
U.S. District Court Judge William Orrick said Tuesday that he would not prevent activist David Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress from complying with the subpoena issued last month by House Oversight and Government Affairs Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz.
“Congress has the power to investigate, and it is not up to the courts to go beyond the narrow confines of determining that the committee’s inquiry is in its province….Nor may courts assume (and I do not assume) that an unworthy purpose prompts a congressional act,” Orrick wrote in his order (posted here). “And, importantly in our Constitutional system, there are three equal branches of government, and courts should refrain from creating needless friction with a coordinate branch of government.”
The National Abortion Federation asked Orrick to block Daleiden from responding to the subpoena, but the judge declined to do so.
“NAF does not argue that the information sought by the subpoena falls outside the ‘sphere of legitimate legislative activity’ of the House Committee….Absent an attempt to exceed that sphere, the Speech and Debate Clause provides immunity to allow Congress to independently perform its legislative duties through its subpoena powers,” Orrick wrote. “As explained by the Supreme Court, it is not the Court’s role to determine the legitimacy of the Congressional investigation by looking to the Committee’s motives.”
The restraining order preventing the release of additional videos related to NAF was not surprising given that Judge Orrick is an Obama donor and supporter. As Breitbart News reports:
A report by Mollie Hemingway at The Federalist revealed Public Citizen data showing Orrick raised at least $200,000 to the president’s campaign. Additionally, the judge donated $30,800 to committees supporting Obama.
As Hemingway writes:
Even though the National Abortion Federation filed its claim only hours before, Orrick quickly decided in their favor that the abortionists they represent would, ironically, be “likely to suffer irreparable injury, absent an ex parte temporary restraining order, in the form of harassment, intimidation, violence, invasion of privacy, and injury to reputation, and the requested relief is in the public interest.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all ten:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.