A fourth Congressional hearing will be held on Thursday that will focus on how the Planned Parenthood abortion business breaks federal laws to sell aborted babies and their body parts. This hearing follows on the heels of one which featured tough questions for Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards, who essentially admitted she lied about Planned Parenthood doing mammograms.
Three total hearings have been held in two committees so far and, on Thursday, the House Judiciary Committee will hold its second hearing in a series titled, “Planned Parenthood Exposed: Examining Abortion Procedures and Medical Ethics at the Nation’s Largest Abortion Provider.” This hearing will continue to examine the abortion practices of Planned Parenthood, which has been the subject of an ongoing House Judiciary Committee investigation into the organization.
Medical experts will testify at Thursday’s hearing on the horrors of abortion procedures, details of late-term abortions, and the elements involved when altering an abortion in order to harvest fetal tissue. The Committee will expand on issues raised during the Committee’s first hearing on Planned Parenthood held on September 9, 2015.
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Constitution and Civil Justice Subcommittee Chairman Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) told LifeNews the hearing is needed to shed more like on the scandal of Planned Parenthood selling aborted baby parts.
“Thursday’s hearing will be another opportunity for members of the House Judiciary Committee and the American public to understand the horrific details involved in late-term abortions and what is required in order to harvest baby body parts,” they said. “The Committee will assemble a panel of medical experts and witnesses who have firsthand knowledge of the atrocities that occur within an abortion clinic.”
At a previous hearing, James Bopp, the general counsel for the National Right to Life Committee, told the House Judiciary Committee that Planned Parenthood likely broke multiple federal laws in its sale of aborted babies and their body parts for research.
Bopp said “Recorded conversations, released by the Center for Medical Progress reveal many legal issues with Planned Parenthood’s procedures and practices regarding fetal tissue procurement.”
“These procedures and practices of Planned Parenthood, and their tissue procurement partners, show that federal laws when applicable, have been and are continuing to be violated during the procurement and sale of human fetal tissue,” Bopp explained.
Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council talked about how Richards performed at the third hearing.
Relying on tired talking points, Richards insisted the footage of her employees hawking human body parts were “doctored” — a claim that will be tough to make now that forensics have validated them. The tapes’ authenticity was confirmed and released to the press early this morning, as part of an Alliance Defending Freedom effort. Since David Daleiden released the first video, the “edited footage” line has been the Left’s go-to defense — which never made much sense, since Planned Parenthood apologized for its staffers’ tone, only to insist later that the staffers never said any such thing.
According to cybersecurity and forensic experts, all 10 “full-footage videos” from Center for Medical Progress (CMP) “show no evidence of manipulation or editing.” Yet Richards, in her carefully rehearsed testimony, insisted that the real villain was Daleiden, which is ironic since all he did was reveal something she now claims to be “proud” of. Proud, apparently, of cutting into tiny baby bodies when their hearts are still beating. Proud of putting women through riskier abortion procedures to get better, more valuable baby organs. Or was it pride that her medical directors were negotiating higher prices for the little livers, hearts, and brains?
Honestly, maybe this is the problem. Cecile Richards and the entire network of Planned Parenthood supporters are proud. In a world where President Obama said “nobody’s pro-abortion,” the single largest recipient of taxpayer dollars is. “Their desire for more of taxpayer dollars is just insatiable,” said committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah). “[And] that’s money that’s not going to women’s health care.” To a slide showing an uptick in the group’s abortion procedures, Richards claimed that it “did not reflect what’s happening at Planned Parenthood.”
Confronted about the parts-for-profits scheme, she replied that it was a “miniscule” part of Planned Parenthood’s work. But it might not represent a “miniscule” breaking of the law. At this weekend’s Values Voter Summit, Senator Rick Santorum recounted his recent interview on CNN. “Well, the procedures that we saw described in these videos I know very well, because they were partial-birth abortions. And he (the CNN host) says, well, okay, but, you know, how do you know that that’s against the law? I said, because I wrote the law.”
The bottom line is the bottom line. Planned Parenthood wants their money. They’ll sue the states for it, overbill for birth control to get it, lie to women to get it, even carve up tiny human babies for it. And why do liberals stand for it? Because the 13,000 community health centers that could provide better care do not provide something else: $20 million in Democratic political contributions over the last two election cycles alone. The President’s party will do anything to survive politically — even if it means jeopardizing the survival of women and innocent children.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all ten:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.