After the Planned Parenthood abortion company was caught in multiple states selling aborted babies and their body parts, several states have taken steps to de-fund it. Ohio is the next up to the plate with new legislation to de-fund Planned Parenthood, which runs approximately one-third of the abortion centers in the Buckeye State.
Today, Ohio Senate President Keith Faber introduced legislation to de-fund Planned Parenthood in the state of Ohio. Carrying 14 co-sponsors, Senate Bill 214 follows the introduction of House Bill 294, introduced by Representatives Bill Patmon and Margaret Conditt in August. Both come in the wake of the summer’s undercover video scandal that shows Planned Parenthood officials allegedly selling aborted baby body parts.
“The Senate President’s willingness to carry this important legislation himself signals how seriously our state legislature takes this issue,” said Stephanie Ranade Krider, executive director of Ohio Right to Life, which strongly supports the bill.
Krider told LifeNews: “Planned Parenthood’s ongoing scandal continues to alienate the abortion provider from the American public. As reasonable Americans, pro-life and pro-choice alike, question the integrity of the abortion industry leader, it’s more important than ever before that our leaders show us a way forward towards a society that safeguards every human person’s right to life.”
Krider said a debate at the federal level persists as pro-life members in Congress urge the de-funding of Planned Parenthood in the upcoming Continuing Resolution, and as President Barack Obama threatens a government shutdown. Planned Parenthood received $528 million in taxpayer subsidies in 2013, while performing 327,653 the same year. In Ohio, Planned Parenthood makes up a third of our state’s abortion facilities, she noted.
“As Ohio Right to Life continues to urge our pro-life Congressional leaders to hold Planned Parenthood accountable for their heinous crimes against humanity, we are encouraged to see Senator Faber leading the charge here at home,” said Krider. “As the ground shifts in the abortion debate, it is critical that we take a stand, articulating our position with the utmost compassion. Abortion advocates are losing for a reason: Profiteering on baby hearts, livers, and lungs simply cannot be tolerated–let alone stomached–by the American people.”
Ohio Right to Life encourages its members to send a letter of support to Senate President Keith Faber using their Legislative Action Center at ohiolife.org.
In Congress, Senate Republicans have started the process that would fast-track a vote on the House-passed bill to de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business. The House of Representatives voted last week for legislation that would temporarily de-fund Planned Parenthood while an investigation continues into it s sale of aborted babies and their body parts.
The bill would freeze Planned Parenthood funding for one year while Congress conducts an investigation into its sales of aborted babies.
Weeks ago, a previous Senate vote on de-funding Planned Parenthood saw Senate Democrats filibuster and block legislation to revoke $550 million in taxpayer funding.
President Barack Obama has already threatened to veto the bill. White House spokesman Josh Earnest confirmed that Obama will veto any bill that de-funds Planned Parenthood after 10 shocking videos found that it has sold aborted babies and their body parts.
“We’ve been quite forthright about the president’s opposition to any effort to wholesale defund Planned Parenthood,” Earnest told reporters
A new Congressional report finds that de-funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business — even for one year — would save “several thousand” unborn babies from the nightmare of abortion. The report also finds de-funding Planned Parenthood would save the federal government $235 million.
In 2011, House members voted 241-185 for a resolution that would prohibit the Planned Parenthood abortion business from qualifying for family planning funds. The vote saw almost all Republicans supporting de-funding while Democrats generally opposed it. That was the second vote taken to de-fund the abortion giant. An earlier vote in 2011 saw the House de-funded Planned Parenthood on a 240-185 margin.
The 10th video by The Center for Medical Progress features several top-level Planned Parenthood executives discussing the organization’s secretive practices around aborted fetal parts harvesting. The video includes comments from Deborah VanDerhei, the National Director of the organization’s Consortium of Abortion Providers, describing the harvesting of fetal body parts as “donation for remuneration.”
A first hearing has exposed how Planned Parenthood is likely breaking multiple federal laws to sell aborted baby body parts.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all ten:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
So far, 12 states have responded to the Planned Parenthood videos and launched investigations into their abortion and organ harvesting business including South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The district attorney in Houston Texas is also investigating after the Houston-based Planned Parenthood abortion facility was caught selling aborted babies.
Congress has expanded its investigation into the Planned Parenthood abortion business and five states have revoked taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, including Utah, Arkansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Louisiana and Iowa’s governor has ordered a review of Planned Parenthood funding.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.