Tomorrow, 40 Days for Life will be airing a special webcast with David Daleiden, the 26-year-old founder of The Center for Medical Progress (CMP). In 2012, Daleiden and his team of investigators initiated a three-year investigation into Planned Parenthood and then, in July, released videos exposing the company’s organ harvesting business. Shockingly, one of the newest videos catches Planned Parenthood harvesting the brain of an aborted baby who was still alive.
The webcast with Daleiden will give pro-life activists more information about the Planned Parenthood scandal as well as explain how the nine videos have negatively impacted the abortion industry. Additionally, it will feature two of the world’s top pro-life attorneys, Tom Brejcha of the Thomas More Society, and Katie Short of Life Legal Defense Foundation.
Recently, the abortion industry has tried to stop CMP from releasing more investigative footage through court injunctions. For example, the National Abortion Federation (NAF) filed a suit in federal court “seeking a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction which would prohibit CMP, Daleiden, and others from releasing recordings and materials they obtained at NAF’s educational meetings.”
David Bereit from 40 Days for Life said the following about the upcoming webcast: “Planned Parenthood and the rest of the abortion industry — along with their powerful allies in Washington, D.C. — have just launched a full-scale war against David Daleiden. Their high-powered, top-dollar legal, PR, and crisis management firms are rolling out a barrage of ruthless offensives in a desperate attempt to misdirect and mislead the American people … silence the Center for Medical Progress through court injunctions … and crush David through withering legal and personal attacks.”
He added, “But just like the David who stood up against Goliath in Biblical times, David Daleiden is fearlessly taking on the abortion giant.” Click here to find out more information and register to attend the webcast.
As LifeNews previously reported, in an interview with the National Catholic Register, Daleiden opened up about why he started the Human Capital Project and what role his faith played in the process. He shared with the interviewer that he was stunned at how easy it was to gain access to the highest levels of the Planned Parenthood organization by saying they were interested in organ harvesting. He explained, “We said the ‘magic words.’ It was the fast-track pathway into the heart of the abortion industry.”
Later he added that many of the abortionists they met with were deeply conflicted about the procedures they performed but found ways to justify their actions. He said, “Another surprise was about how conflicted many abortion doctors are about the work that they do. In all kinds of ways, they rationalize or intellectualize what they do, or reframe the discussion, so they don’t have to deal with the consequences of their actions. They don’t want to deal with the valid grief and remorse they feel.”
Here’s a short summary from all the videos released by The Center for Medical Progress:
- In the first video: Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.