The Planned Parenthood abortion business in Minnesota appears to be lying about whether or not it sells aborted babies and their body parts for dubious research.
In August, Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota strenuously denied participating int he scandalous sale of aborted babies, saying “Our affiliate of Planned Parenthood MN, ND, SD does not currently participate in a tissue donation program.”
Yet, in the 9th undercover video the Center for Medical Progress released exposing Planned Parenthood’s sale of aborted babies, Perrin Larton, the Procurement Manager for Advanced Bioscience Resources, Inc. (ABR), says her firm purchases aborted babies and their body parts from abortion clinics “in San Diego, in Oregon, in Minnesota, and soon we will be starting in New Jersey and Philadelphia.”
If ABR is purchasing aborted babies and their body parts from abortion clinics in Minnesota, there is certainly a possibility that those body parts are coming from Planned Parenthood abortion clinics, contradicting PPMNS’s statements that it does not sell aborted baby parts. As LifeNews has reported, Planned Parenthood does approximately 50 percent of all abortions in Minnesota.
Writing at Hot Air, pro-life writer Ed Morrissey says Planned Parenthood would be breaking state law if it is in fact selling aborted baby body parts as “fetal tissue donation is illegal in all instances in Minnesota, whether compensated or not.”
“Just from a cultural standpoint, that’s a curious anomaly. This is a liberal state, as conservative Minnesotans such as myself are constantly reminded, and also a state with a significant amount of medical research taking place. We have a large medical-device manufacturing sector in Minnesota as well, plus a number of universities at which top-flight, cutting-edge services are offered. Minnesota manages to do all that without allowing fetal tissue to be harvested,” Morrissey writes.
The law only allows remains to be disposed through “cremation, interment by burial, or in a manner directed by the commissioner of health,” the latter option applying only when the first two are somehow impossible. If that isn’t clear enough, subdivision 4 also states that tests can be performed on the remains only to “complete laboratory tests necessary for the health of the woman or her future offspring or for purposes of a criminal investigation or determination of parentage[.]”
A month ago, the regional Planned Parenthood affiliate in Minnesota and the Dakotas (PPMNS) insisted that they do not participate in fetal organ harvesting. In response to a letter from a state legislator, PPMNS CEO Sarah Stoez flatly denied working with procurement companies like ABR. Governor Mark Dayton called it a fishing expedition and refused to authorize an investigation, and Lt. Gov Tina Smith publicly supported her former colleagues at PPMNS.
This admission, however, puts Dayton and Smith on the spot.
MinnesotaHouse Speaker Kurt Daudt is calling for a state investigation to determine more.
This week, the Center for Medical Progress released the 9th video in the series exposing Planned Parenthood’s sale of abroted babies and their body parts for research. This latest video catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
Previously, the Center for Medical Progress released a supplemental video that sheds more light on the profit Planned Parenthood makes associated with the ale of aborted babies and their body parts.
On Friday, the Center for Medical Progress released the full, uncut video of the conversation between undercover investigators form CMP and top officials with StemExpress, which buys aborted babies and their body parts from Planned Parenthood. The full footage is of a shorter video that summarized the meetings earlier this week. A House committee will hold its first hearing next week investigating Planned Parenthood’s sale of aborted babies and their body parts.
Meanwhile, the House of Representatives is planning a vote on legislation in a couple weeks that would de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business. The two votes would follow one the Senate had weeks ago, which saw Senate Democrats filibuster and block legislation to revoke $550 million in taxpayer funding. The Senate is expected to vote soon on a second attempt to de-fund Planned Parenthood.
Also, two committees in the House of Representatives have already launched investigations of Planned Parenthood.
One committee is looking into whether or not the abortion business is breaking federal law by altering abortion procedures to better obtain aborted baby body parts for sale. Another committee, among other things, is investigating the Obama administration and whether there is any connection between it and the abortion giant. The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform wants to know if the Obama administration, via the Department of Health and Human Services, provided any federal grants to Planned Parenthood that ultimately went to pay for the sales of aborted baby body parts and if they were used by Planned Parenthood to “support transactions involving fetal tissue.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eight:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The 9th video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
So far, 12 states have responded to the Planned Parenthood videos and launched investigations into their abortion and organ harvesting business including South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The district attorney in Houston Texas is also investigating after the Houston-based Planned Parenthood abortion facility was caught selling aborted babies.
Congress has expanded its investigation into the Planned Parenthood abortion business and five states have revoked taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, including Utah, Arkansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Louisiana and Iowa’s governor has ordered a review of Planned Parenthood funding.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.