The Wisconsin state Assembly will hold a hearing on legislation to de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business in the wake of a national scandal involving it selling aborted babies and their body parts. Governor Scott Walker already signed one bill to cut Planned Parenthood funding into law and new measures will go further.
Last month, the Wisconsin health department released new abortion numbers today and they provide additional evidence that cutting taxpayer funding to Planned Parenthood and enacting additional pro-life laws saves unborn babies from abortion. Specifically, 662 babies were saved from abortions in the latest year for which abortion data is available compared with the year before.
Those numbers come three years after pro-life Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signed a bill to cut taxpayer funding to the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
During the hearing on the new bills, Sue Thayer, a Planned Parenthood Clinic Director for 18 years, and Casey Mattox, a First Amendment lawyer for Alliance Defending Freedom, will offer testimony on Assembly Bill (AB) 310 and Assembly Bill (AB) 311 at the Assembly Health Committee public hearing this Wednesday, September 2nd. The hearing will be held in room 417 North (GAR Hall).
The bills redirect taxpayer dollars away from Planned Parenthood’s Wisconsin affiliate and Alabama, Louisiana, Utah, Arkansas, and New Hampshire have recently cut government funding to Planned Parenthood in light of the videos.
Thayer was a Planned Parenthood Center Manager for nearly 18 years. That changed when she was informed she would soon be trained to do webcam abortions at her small rural Iowa center. Stunned, her concerns fell on deaf ears. Sue began to see the abortion giant in a new light and ultimately shared her insider’s knowledge. Sue’s vast experience led to a whistle-blower lawsuit, currently in litigation.
Specifically, the legislation would have the Department of Health Services take control of the federal funding known as Title X. He explained that Planned Parenthood receives approximately $3.5 million from that program each year.
Rep. Jacque said the following about partnering with Gov. Walker to cut more funding from Planned Parenthood: “I’ve been pleased to work directly with Gov. Walker on pro-life issues in the past. When I’ve come to him with ideas to eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood in various state programs … he has been very supportive.”
Additionally, the pro-life lawmaker is working on another bill that requires abortion facilities like Planned Parenthood to pay the full price for acquiring prescription drugs. Currently, the organization receives a discounted rate through a Medicaid program called 340B. A spokesman for Pro-Life Wisconsin said the two bills would block nearly $7.5 million in federal funding from going to Planned Parenthood each year and potentially close more of their facilities.
Previously, Walker, who already signed one bill to cut Planned Parenthood funding in Wisconsin, said he thought the abortion business should be de-funded state by staye across the entire country.
In 2013, Gov. Walker signed an ultrasound bill (Senate Bill 206, also known as Sonya’s Law) that ensures that women seeking abortions are given the opportunity to see their unborn children through ultrasound. The legislation also requires abortionists to have admitting privileges within thirty miles of their facility. This is the kind of pro-woman, pro-life bill that not only has proven to save the lives of unborn babies, but it has closed down abortion clinics that can’t comply with basic health and safety requirements. Sure enough, abortion centers in Wisconsin closed down after Walker signed the bill into law.
Wisconsin Right to Life officials tell LifeNews.com that those pro-life laws have had a direct impact on reducing abortions and saving lives.
“As the trend of the steep abortion decline in Wisconsin continues, Wisconsin Right to Life is again taking the lead in ensuring women and children have a chance at celebrating the gift of life,” shared Heather Weininger, Executive Director of Wisconsin Right to Life. “The 2014 released abortion numbers reveal there were 662 fewer abortions in 2014 than in 2013. This represents a 10% decrease in one year, and many lives saved from the pain of abortion!”
She said another pro-life law Walker signed will further reduce abortions because it bans abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy because unborn babies are capable of feeling intense pain from the abortions. The pro-life advocate said the new state figures show 83 abortions were performed after the fifth month of pregnancy (when an unborn child is capable of feeling pain)
The Center for Medical Progress released a new video this morning — the 9th in its series of videos catching the Planned Parenthood abortion business selling aborted babies and their body parts. This latest video catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
Yesterday, the Center for Medical Progress released a supplemental video that sheds more light on the profit Planned Parenthood makes associated with the ale of aborted babies and their body parts.
On Friday, the Center for Medical Progress released the full, uncut video of the conversation between undercover investigators form CMP and top officials with StemExpress, which buys aborted babies and their body parts from Planned Parenthood. The full footage is of a shorter video that summarized the meetings earlier this week.
Meanwhile, the House of Representatives is planning a vote on legislation that would de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business, which has been caught selling aborted babies and their body parts. The vote would follow one the Senate had weeks ago, which saw Senate Democrats filibuster and block legislation to revoke $550 million in taxpayer funding.
Also, two committees in the House of Representatives have already launched investigations of Planned Parenthood. One committee is looking into whether or not the abortion business is breaking federal law by altering abortion procedures to better obtain aborted baby body parts for sale. Another committee, among other things, is investigating the Obama administration and whether there is any connection between it and the abortion giant.
The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform wants to know if the Obama administration, via the Department of Health and Human Services, provided any federal grants to Planned Parenthood that ultimately went to pay for the sales of aborted baby body parts and if they were used by Planned Parenthood to “support transactions involving fetal tissue.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eight:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
So far, 12 states have responded to the Planned Parenthood videos and launched investigations into their abortion and organ harvesting business including South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The district attorney in Houston Texas is also investigating after the Houston-based Planned Parenthood abortion facility was caught selling aborted babies.
Congress has expanded its investigation into the Planned Parenthood abortion business and five states have revoked taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, including Utah, Arkansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Louisiana and Iowa’s governor has ordered a review of Planned Parenthood funding.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.