The Planned Parenthood abortion business has sent a letter to Congress responding to questions from two House committees that have started investigations in the wake of a series of videos exposing its sales of aborted babies and their body parts. In the letter, the abortion company admits to selling aborted baby parts parts for $60 each.
In the letter, the Planned Parenthood abortion business also admits to altering abortion procedures in order to salvage as much of the aborted baby’s body as possible to sell to biotech firms who in turn re-sell them to scientists and research universities.
The letter has Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards admitting that the California affiliate of Planned Parenthood receives a “reimbursement of $60 per tissue specimen” and Planned Parenthood abortion practitioners will adjust how they do abortions to “ facilitate fetal tissue donations.” Richards claims the $60 per “tissue specimen” is a “modest reimbursement” and “these amounts were intended to recover only their costs.”
However, the Planned Parenthood letter provides no evidence that the $60 estimate is correct and claims Planned Parenthoood affiliates “must be able to demonstrate the reimbursement represents its actual costs” but provides no evidence of that.
Concerning the potentially illegal altering of abortion procedures to secure aborted baby body parts for sale, the letter states:
In performing the selected method, a physician may need to make multiple adjustments to the method as the surgery proceeds. These adjustments are clinical judgments – not a change of method – made by the physician as the abortion proceeds and are always intended to achieve the woman’s desired result as safely as possible……Our understanding, however, is that even adjustments that facilitate fetal tissue donations rarely occur at our few clinics that offer women this service.
That appears to contradict one of the early Planned Parenthood expose videos, in which Planned Parenthood medical director Deborah Nucatola was caught admitting how she would discuss which type of aborted baby body parts were needed with other Planned Parenthood staffers and would “crush above” and below the aborted baby’s body to obtain the organs she wanted to sell. That had nothing to do with women’s health and everything to do with making money off of the sales of body parts.
Richards also claims only one Planned Parenthood clinic is selling the body parts of aborted babies but admits as many as four clinics have been selling aborted baby body parts, but claims those relationships have ended since the release of the videos. That contradicts statements from StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer, who has said her company works with more than 100 abortion clinics and that half of them are Planned Parenthood abortion centers.
In a statement to LifeNews.com, The Center for Medical Progress, which is responsible for recording and releasing the undercover videos, points out some of the errors and flaws in the letter as compared with the evidence it compiled.
“Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards makes two key admissions today in Planned Parenthood’s letter to Congress: that Planned Parenthood gets paid $60 per baby body part harvested, and that Planned Parenthood doctors alter their abortion procedures to get higher-quality body parts,” David Daleiden says. “oth of these admissions speak to Planned Parenthood’s financial benefit and profit motive for supplying fetal tissue, and both are the points CMP’s videos have documented and illustrated from the very beginning.”
“When a Tissue Procurement Organization handles all dissection, packaging, and shipping of fetal organs, and all Planned Parenthood does is spend 10 minutes consenting a patient, the $60 per body part harvested quickly adds up to illegal baby parts profit for Planned Parenthood. And when a Planned Parenthood doctor manipulates the abortion to get higher-quality baby parts, they are prizing Planned Parenthood’s financial interests ahead of women’s health,” he continued.
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
Other pro-life advocates say the Planned Parenthood letter reveals a cloaked admission of guilt which, in and of itself, calls for immediate action by the federal government to cease distribution of funds and begin criminal prosecution.
Judie Brown, president of American Life League, stated: “Upon learning that StemExpress receives, according to its own words, a large “volume” of aborted baby body parts, we can presume that this translates into big bucks for Planned Parenthood, an organization that makes its money by killing the preborn, and in many cases also maims their mothers. This is a travesty, and yet Planned Parenthood continues to take in the big money . . . our money . . . taxpayer dollars. This must end! It is obvious that Planned Parenthood is hiding behind its pride to deflect attention from the suggestion that its actions are not only gruesome, but criminal. Of course a criminal investigation would only occur if the Planned Parenthood-loving Obama administration actually sought justice in these matters. Until then, the grim reaper hiding behind Planned Parenthood’s doors will continue to maim and kill.”
Today, the Center for Medical Progress released the full, uncut video of the conversation between undercover investigators form CMP and top officials with StemExpress, which buys aborted babies and their body parts from Planned Parenthood. The full footage is of a shorter video that summarized the meetings earlier this week.
Meanwhile, two committees in the House of Representatives have already launched investigations of Planned Parenthood. One committee is looking into whether or not the abortion business is breaking federal law by altering abortion procedures to better obtain aborted baby body parts for sale. Another committee, among other things, is investigating the Obama administration and whether there is any connection between it and the abortion giant.
The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform wants to know if the Obama administration, via the Department of Health and Human Services, provided any federal grants to Planned Parenthood that ultimately went to pay for the sales of aborted baby body parts and if they were used by Planned Parenthood to “support transactions involving fetal tissue.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eight:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
So far, 12 states have responded to the Planned Parenthood videos and launched investigations into their abortion and organ harvesting business including South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The district attorney in Houston Texas is also investigating after the Houston-based Planned Parenthood abortion facility was caught selling aborted babies.
Congress has expanded its investigation into the Planned Parenthood abortion business and five states have revoked taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, including Utah, Arkansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Louisiana and Iowa’s governor has ordered a review of Planned Parenthood funding.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.