A new Fox News poll shows the pro-life movement has more work to do to educate Americans about the shocking horrors of Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies and their body parts for research.
The new survey finds half of Americans still haven’t seen the videos or even heard about them — a clear result of the censorship taking place in the mainstream media, where network newscasts have virtually ignored them.
According to the new Fox News national survey, conducted before the last couple of videos were released, only 49 percent of American voters say they have either watched or heard of the shocking videos. As expected, more people who say they are pro-life have seen or heard of the videos compared with those who support abortion — a 54-46 percentage point difference. That is still a surprising number that 46 percent of those who take a pro-life view on abortion are still not familiar with videos exposing how Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry exploit unborn babies a second time by selling their bodies to researchers.
SIGN THE PETITION! Congress Must De-Fund Planned Parenthood Immediately
The Fox News poll also found Americans are still supportive of research using body parts from aborted babies even after the series of expose’ videos have caused shockwaves.
By a margin of 48-47 percent, Americans are fine with “using organs and tissue from aborted human fetuses for medical research on deadly diseases.” That split drops to 49 percent opposing research with aborted babies and 43 percent who support it among those who have seen or are familiar with the videos — making it clear the videos have the ability to change public opinion if more people see them.
“Majorities of Democrats (64 percent) and independents (56 percent) approve of fetal tissue research in general, while more than two-thirds of Republicans disapprove (69 percent),” the Fox News poll found.
The Fox poll found a majority of Americans support federal funding for the Planned Parenthood abortion business – but that number has dropped from figures in previous polls over the years. Now, only 52 percent of Americans back taxpayer funding for the abortion company while 42 percent want Planned Parenthood de-funded.
That differs somewhat from a previous poll Reuters did concerning the videos, which showed Americans want Planned Parenthood de-funding as long as family planning remains funded.
“Groups most likely to support government funding include Democrats (79 percent), liberals (79 percent), blacks (79 percent), pro-choice voters (74 percent), young voters (64 percent), urbanites (61 percent) and women (55 percent),” Fox reported. “Those most likely to oppose federal funding include Republicans (72 percent), white evangelical Christians (69 percent), those in the Tea Party movement (69 percent), pro-life voters (64 percent), conservatives (61 percent) and regular church-goers (53 percent).”
Planned Parenthood has long had a positive name ID and that continues despite the videos as 50 percent view it favorably and 38 percent unfavorably.
Today, the Center for Medical Progress released the full, uncut video of the conversation between undercover investigators form CMP and top officials with StemExpress, which buys aborted babies and their body parts from Planned Parenthood. The full footage is of a shorter video that summarized the meetings earlier this week.
CLICK LIKE IF YOU’RE PRO-LIFE!
The release of the full, unedited video also comes one day after Planned Parenthood released a new report claiming the eight videos released exposing it were “altered.” The abortion giant says the videos were manipulated and therefore not eligible for serious inquiry by Congress, which has launched two joint investigations of the abortion corporation. Still, Planned Parenthood’s own paid for experts admitted that there was no evidence of any manipulation of the audio in any of the eight shocking videos.
Meanwhile, two committees in the House of Representatives have already launched investigations of Planned Parenthood. One committee is looking into whether or not the abortion business is breaking federal law by altering abortion procedures to better obtain aborted baby body parts for sale. Another committee, among other things, is investigating the Obama administration and whether there is any connection between it and the abortion giant.
The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform wants to know if the Obama administration, via the Department of Health and Human Services, provided any federal grants to Planned Parenthood that ultimately went to pay for the sales of aborted baby body parts and if they were used by Planned Parenthood to “support transactions involving fetal tissue.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eight:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
SIGN THE PETITION! Congress Must Investigate Planned Parenthood for Selling Aborted Baby Parts
So far, 12 states have responded to the Planned Parenthood videos and launched investigations into their abortion and organ harvesting business including South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana. The district attorney in Houston Texas is also investigating after the Houston-based Planned Parenthood abortion facility was caught selling aborted babies.
Congress has expanded its investigation into the Planned Parenthood abortion business and five states have revoked taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, including Utah, Arkansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Louisiana and Iowa’s governor has ordered a review of Planned Parenthood funding.
The full, unedited videos have confirmed that revelations that some aborted baby remains sold by Planned Parenthood go to biotech companies for the purpose of creating “humanized” mice. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has been exposed as having sold body parts from aborted babies for as much as 15 years.
The federal law that technically prohibits the sale of aborted babies and their body parts was written by a pro-abortion Congressman decades ago and essentially spells out a process by which sellers of aborted baby body parts can meet certain criteria that allows the sales to be legal. That’s why a Colorado congressman has introduced legislation to totally ban the sales of aborted baby body parts.