A new report from a Planned Parenthood watchdog group indicates the salaries of the CEOs of the affiliations of the nation’s largest abortion business continue to rise. And when it comes to Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards, she now makes over $590,000 heading up the nation’s biggest abortion corporation.
American Life League released a report today on the annual salaries of the highest paid Planned Parenthood Federation of America headquarters personnel as well as the CEOs of Planned Parenthood affiliates in the United States.
“Planned Parenthood’s claims of serving the poor are ludicrous given the massive salaries it pays its CEOs,” said Judie Brown, president of American Life League. “In fact, we see by looking at these salaries that PP is more interested in milking the government to line its own pockets off the backs of both the poor and the innocent humans it kills every day.”
The salary figures were taken from official IRS forms 990. The report shows that the average annual salary for an affiliate PP CEO is $186,071, with 87 percent of them making over $100,000, 37 percent making over $200,000, and 13 percent making over $300,000.
Meanwhile, PPFA’s CEO, Cecile Richards, reported making $590,928 annually. That is up substantially from the almost $400,000 a year she was earning just four years ago.
Planned Parenthood claims it exists to serve poor and unfortunate women. It says 78 percent of its patients receive incomes below the federal poverty level. Yet, the combined salaries of its CEOs was $11,536,408 in 2013, the organization noted.
“It is really disingenuous for Planned Parenthood to claim to be an organization for the poor when its average CEO salary ranks in the top six percent of all Americans,” said Jim Sedlak, vice president of ALL. “In addition, the average salary of its top dozen headquarters staff—who do not provide any medical services—ranks in the top two percent. It’s time the American taxpayer stop providing 40 percent of Planned Parenthood’s income.”
“It’s public record. It always has been,” Richards responded. “I work hard for my salary, and I think that’s a red herring. Planned Parenthood is the most cost-effective provider of family planning services in this country. The far right has done everything they can to undermine us and to create non-issues, which I think that is.”
The high salary is not surprising given that the abortion business makes more than $1 billion in income.
In December, the abortion giant Planned Parenthood released its 2013 annual report and the new numbers indicate it did more abortions than the year before — killing 327,653 babies in abortions while taking in millions in taxpayer funds. The report indicates Planned Parenthood did 327,653 abortions in 2013, an increase over the 327,166 abortions it did in 2012.
While it remains America’s biggest abortion corporation, the “nonprofit” continued to make money — bringing in $305.4 million last year and $305.3 million this year. Planned Parenthood continued to receive over a half-billion dollars in taxpayer money, as it took in $540 million in 2012 and $528 million in 2013.
- In 2013, abortions made up 94% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services.
- For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 174 abortions.
- While abortions rose, Planned Parenthood adoption referrals dropped 14% in one year, and prenatal care services dropped 4%.
- Planned Parenthood’s cancer prevention services are down 17% over one year, and contraceptive services dropped by 4%.
- During fiscal year 2013-2014, Planned Parenthood received more than $528 million in taxpayer funding, or more than $1.4 million per day, in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements.
- Taxpayer funding accounts for 41% of Planned Parenthood’s overall revenue.
- Planned Parenthood reported more than $127 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.4 billion in net assets.