Pregnant Mom is Shot and Killed by Her Boyfriend But Doctors Save Her Unborn Baby Girl

National   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Apr 22, 2015   |   4:15PM   |   Washington, DC

A pregnant woman in North Carolina was a shooting victim recently and her final words to 911 are chilling.

Tragically, Kimberly Richardson, who was 6-months pregnant at the time, lay dying behind a local store as she talked on her cell phone with 911 and informed them of her location. She told the 911 dispatcher she was having a difficult time talking, saying “I can’t, I can’t talk, he shot me.”

Those were her last words.

Thankfully, Kimberly was rushed to the hospital and doctors were able to perform a C-section and save her unborn daughter’s life. But, when emergency medical personnel reached Kimberly, they were unable to save her life, but not before she identified the identity of her killer on the phone: Richardson’s boyfriend Daniel Steele.

A friend of Kimberly’s said she was surprised that Steele killed her girlfriend.

“He appeared to be a very nice guy,” she said of Steele. “I never would have thought he would have turned into a murderer.”

Here’s more on this tragic case:

A pregnant woman who was shot and killed Saturday night near Triangle Town Center struggled to tell a 911 dispatcher her name and location to save her unborn daughter’s life.

The Raleigh Police Department on Monday released the eerie call that 25-year-old Kimberly Dianne Richardson made to 911 moments after she was shot behind the Party City near Triangle Town Center. Also Monday, Richardson’s boyfriend, 25-year-old Daniel Joseph Steele, appeared in a Wake County courtroom on first-degree murder charges.

In the 911 call, Richardson is struggling to breathe when she says, “Help. I’ve been shot.”

“I’m not … ” she said when asked for her address. “Party City, behind Triangle Town Center mall.”

When asked for her phone number, Richardson told the dispatcher, “I can’t … I can’t talk.”

She was able to tell the dispatcher that she was outside, but what followed was nearly 43 second of chilling silence before she could muster enough energy to again tell the dispatcher, “Behind Party City.”

Another 31 seconds of silence followed before sirens could be heard in the distance.

Like this pro-life news article? Please support LifeNews during our current fundraising campaign with a donation!