More than half a million pro-life people took to the streets of Washington D.C. to solemnly mark 42 years of legalized abortion since the infamous Roe v. Wade decision. But one top abortion activist celebrated the occasion.
While Planned Parenthood normally likes to play down its abortion business, abortion is the sine qua non component of what Planned Parenthood does. In fact, Planned Parenthood has killed more than 1 million babies in abortions in the last three years. That’s why its president’s admission that the abortion business is “proud” to do abortions is newsworthy.
As CNS News reports, “at an invitation-only press conference on Tuesday at the National Press Club, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards told hand-picked reporters that her organization takes pride in the millions of abortions done at its affiliated clinics around the United States”
As it reports, Richards said: “We proudly provide safe and legal abortion.” Here’s video footage of her remarks:
The abortion giant Planned Parenthood recently released its 2013 annual report and the new numbers indicate it did more abortions than the year before — killing 327,653 babies in abortions while taking in millions in taxpayer funds. The report indicates Planned Parenthood did 327,653 abortions in 2013, an increase over the 327,166 abortions it did in 2012.
While it remains America’s biggest abortion corporation, the “nonprofit” continued to make money — bringing in $305.4 million last year and $305.3 million this year. Planned Parenthood continued to receive over a half-billion dollars in taxpayer money, as it took in $540 million in 2012 and $528 million in 2013.
Some other takeaways from Planned Parenthood’s own figures:
- In 2013, abortions made up 94% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services.
- For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 174 abortions.
- While abortions rose, Planned Parenthood adoption referrals dropped 14% in one year, and prenatal care services dropped 4%.
- Planned Parenthood’s cancer prevention services are down 17% over one year, and contraceptive services dropped by 4%.
- During fiscal year 2013-2014, Planned Parenthood received more than $528 million in taxpayer funding, or more than $1.4 million per day, in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements.
- Taxpayer funding accounts for 41% of Planned Parenthood’s overall revenue.
- Planned Parenthood reported more than $127 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.4 billion in net assets.
While it did more abortions, Planned Parenthood’s contraceptive business declined from 3,724.558 customers in 2012 to 3,577,348 customers in 2013.