The Planned Parenthood abortion business is closing another clinic, this time in Owosso. The Owosso clinic does not do abortions on site but all Planned Parenthood clinic refer to affiliated centers that do abortions.
Officials with Wisconsin Family Action informed LifeNews of the closing and they said they were glad the abortion giant is closing up shop in another city.
“Planned Parenthood located in Ossowo will be closing the doors on it’s so-called “family planning health center” on December 14,” the pro-life group said. “What does this mean for Wisconsin? Fewer teenagers will be given contraceptive drugs and devices without their parents’ knowledge or permission. Fewer women will be told that abortion is their only viable option in an unplanned pregnancy. Fewer women will suffer the trauma of abortion. More babies may be born. More babies could be adopted into a forever family.”
“Today we rejoice in the continued fall of this abortion giant, and pray for the closures of the remaining Planned Parenthood locations throughout the state, and across our nation,” the group said.
This closing follows other Planned Parenthood abortion and abortion referral clinics closing this month.
Local pro-life advocates in Waco, Texas rejoiced because the nation’s biggest abortion business has pulled the plug on its abortion center in Waco.
The Planned Parenthood abortion business operates the only abortion clinic in the state of South Dakota, located in Sioux Falls, but it also operates abortion referral clinics in other cities. This week, the abortion giant announced it will close its clinic in Rapid City, on the western end of the state.
When Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) released its 2012-2013 annual report the numbers showed abortion is still a very large portion of Planned Parenthood’s business and income.
Click here to sign up for daily pro-life news alerts from LifeNews.com
Abortions accounted for 93.8 percent of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services. Prenatal care services dropped 32 percent in one year, and 52 percent since 2009. Adoption referrals are also down 4.5 percent in one year. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 149 abortions.
More information from its annual report reveals:
- During fiscal year 2012-2013, Planned Parenthood reported receiving $540.6 million in taxpayer funding, or nearly $1.5 million per day.
- Planned Parenthood reported $58.2 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.3 billion in net assets.
- In 2012, Planned Parenthood performed 327,166 abortions , a 2% drop from 2011. In 2002, Planned Parenthood performed 227,385 abortions, meaning they perform 100,000 more abortions than they did 10 years ago.
- Over the past three reported years (2010-2012), Planned Parenthood has performed nearly one million abortions (990,575).
- In 2012,abortions made up 93.8% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services, while prenatal care and adoption referrals accounted for only 5.6% (19,506) and 0.6% (2,197), respectively. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 149 abortions.
- Prenatal care services have dropped 32% in one year, and 52% since 2009. Adoption referrals are also down 4.5% in one year.
After reviewing the report, Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser had the following comments:
“Business is booming for America’s largest abortion provider, which receives public funding at a rate of $1.5 million per day. Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report shows that they performed 100,000 more abortions in 2013 than ten years ago. Meanwhile, cancer screenings and prenatal services, including adoption referrals, continue to drop. Planned Parenthood claims to be a trusted health care provider to women and girls, but their numbers tell a different story. Planned Parenthood is a business whose entire mission is to profit off of abortion.”