Planned Parenthood, the nation’s biggest abortion business, is celebrating its 98th birthday today and the abortion giant has done over 6.6 million abortions since Roe v. Wade, more than any other abortion company.
In a terrible irony, Planned Parenthood tweeted out a picture of baby carriages to celebrate its anniversary.
— Planned Parenthood (@PPact) October 16, 2014
Jim Sedlak of American Life League says the abortion giant has built itself on Margaret Sanger’s racist philosophies.
“Planned Parenthood Federation of America dates its beginning to Oct. 16, 1916, when Margaret Sanger opened the nation’s first birth control clinic in Brooklyn, New York,” he explained. “Sanger had three basic philosophies that are still active within Planned Parenthood today.
One of those was a passion to prevent the birth of “defectives,” which Sedlak says led to her stating in her 1932 Plan for Peace that persons from “dysgenic groups” should be given their choice of sterilization or confinement on a farm for the rest of their lives. Sanger was a member of the American Eugenics Society.
“Planned Parenthood does not make public the race of its abortion clients anymore. In the 1990s, it revealed that 43 percent of its abortions were on blacks and other minorities – who only made up 22 percent of the population,” he explained.
When Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) released its 2012-2013 annual report the numbers showed abortion is still a very large portion of Planned Parenthood’s business and income.
Abortions accounted for 93.8 percent of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services. Prenatal care services dropped 32 percent in one year, and 52 percent since 2009. Adoption referrals are also down 4.5 percent in one year. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 149 abortions.
More information from its annual report reveals:
- During fiscal year 2012-2013, Planned Parenthood reported receiving $540.6 million in taxpayer funding, or nearly $1.5 million per day.
- Planned Parenthood reported $58.2 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.3 billion in net assets.
- In 2012, Planned Parenthood performed 327,166 abortions , a 2% drop from 2011. In 2002, Planned Parenthood performed 227,385 abortions, meaning they perform 100,000 more abortions than they did 10 years ago.
- Over the past three reported years (2010-2012), Planned Parenthood has performed nearly one million abortions (990,575).
- In 2012,abortions made up 93.8% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services, while prenatal care and adoption referrals accounted for only 5.6% (19,506) and 0.6% (2,197), respectively. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 149 abortions.
- Prenatal care services have dropped 32% in one year, and 52% since 2009. Adoption referrals are also down 4.5% in one year.
After reviewing the report, Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) President Marjorie Dannenfelser had the following comments:
“Business is booming for America’s largest abortion provider, which receives public funding at a rate of $1.5 million per day. Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report shows that they performed 100,000 more abortions in 2013 than ten years ago. Meanwhile, cancer screenings and prenatal services, including adoption referrals, continue to drop. Planned Parenthood claims to be a trusted health care provider to women and girls, but their numbers tell a different story. Planned Parenthood is a business whose entire mission is to profit off of abortion.”