What’s with the feminist left and abortion humor these days? First there was a film billed as an “abortion romantic comedy,” then the assertion that abortion is the “perfect topic” for sitcoms. Now comes Lena Dunham with a tasteless tweet.
The “Girls” star found an inventive way to celebrate the news of the Duchess of Cambridge’s pregnancy with baby number two. “Kate Middleton is pregnant! Will she keep it?” Dunham joked on Twitter Sept. 9.
- Directing a music video with an “abortion dog”
- Pushing NBC to air ads for “Obvious Child,” an “abortion romantic comedy”
- Deeming “After Tiller” (film empathizing with late-term abortionists) a “beautiful, sensitively made film”
- Plugging Planned Parenthood while hosting SNL
- Boasting a “special partnership” with Planned Parenthood, an organization “close to [her] heart,” during her book tour
And she has the media to back her up.
Just this morning, Sept 10, ABC’s “Good Morning America” Anchor Lara Spencer recognized Lena Dunham as “not a girl, but a goddess.” Anchor Robin Roberts later explained how, “She’s been transferred into a neoclassical statue for the cover of The New York Times’ annual culture issue.”
LifeNews Note: Katie Yoder writes for Newsbusters, where this originally appeared.