Washington DC (LiveActionNews) — Every so often – if we’re listening – we can catch glimpses of what abortion activists really think.
Have you ever wondered what Planned Parenthood’s real agenda is? Have you ever considered the real goals behind abortion? Have you ever thought about what abortion really is, according to the people who do it every today?
Wonder no longer. Instead, consider – really ponder – these eight scary statements said by abortion activists. The people who said these things aren’t random humans pulled from an aisle in a grocery store; they’re people who are deeply involved with abortion. They know the truth; they know the facts; they know how tragic and cruel abortion is to real, living human beings.
So listen up.
1) “I don’t know that [when life begins] is really relevant to the, relevant to the conversation.” ~ Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood
How can it not be relevant? Whether abortion is right or wrong is entirely wrapped up in when life begins. The entire reason pro-lifers work to end abortion is because it cruelly – and often painfully – kills an innocent human being whose life has begun. If that weren’t the case, there would be no such thing as “pro-lifers.” Planned Parenthood attempts to evade the central question because they know the scientifically accurate answer (life begins at fertilization) makes abortion wrong, inhuman, and unthinkable.
2) “I’m pro-choice because I understand that a zygote is not a baby.” ~ retweeted by NARAL
Just like an adolescent isn’t a child and a senior citizen isn’t an adult, right? The stage of development a human being is in should never affect her status as a human being. At every developmental stage, our humanity is intact and should be fully respected.
3) “[A]bortion…is an essential measure to prevent the heartbreak of infant mortality…” ~ Terry O’Neill, President of NOW
Next, are we going to argue that school shootings are an essential measure to prevent the heartbreak of teen drunk driving? Seriously, O’Neill’s argument makes the same amount of sense as that outrageously wrong argument. Shooting a high school student to prevent his future death is insane and heartless. And ripping a baby apart limb from limb to prevent her from dying after birth is equally insane.
4) “The toughest part of a D&E abortion is extracting the baby’s head. The head of a baby that age is about the size of a plum and is now free-floating inside the uterine cavity. You can be pretty sure you have hold of it if the Sopher clamp is spread about as far as your fingers will allow. You will know you have it right when you crush down on the clamp and see a pure white gelatinous material issue from the cervix. That was the baby’s brains. You can then extract the skull pieces. If you have a really bad day like I often did, a little face may come out and stare back at you.” ~ Dr. Anthony Levatino, M.D. (performed abortions for eight years)
5) “Growing up, Mom always told me, ‘The answer to life is yes.’” ~ Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood
This statement isn’t scary at all; actually, it’s completely awesome. The scary thing is that, despite this statement, Cecile Richards works for the exact opposite. Abortion is a resounding, horrific “no” to life – “no” that can never be taken back.
6) “In the state of Colorado [people] acquire those [basic] legal rights when they are living and breathing and walking around like you and I are.” ~ Fofi Mendez
If walking around is a requirement for basic legal rights – like the right to life – a whole lot of us are in trouble. This standard excludes paraplegics, quadriplegics, many veterans, victims of car wrecks, and plenty of our senior citizens. Oh yeah, infants, too.
7) “I think we have deluded ourselves into believing that people don’t know that abortion is killing.” ~ Faye Wattleton, longtime President of Planned Parenthood
8) “That’s what religious liberty is about. It’s about you getting to choose what would be right for you in that circumstance, but I don’t get to tell you what to do and you don’t get to tell me what to do.” ~ Ilyse Hogue, President of NARAL
Well, apply that standard to anything other than abortion, and we’d have a complete mess on our hands. Not to mention an entirely inhumane, uncivilized, and incredibly violent society. Reread Hogue’s statement, but this time, instead of thinking about abortion, think about rape. Robbery. Child molestation. Torture. Murder.
Pretty scary, huh?
LifeNews Note: Kristi Burton Brown is a pro-life attorney, volunteering for Life Legal Defense Foundation and as an allied attorney for Alliance Defending Freedom. She is also a stay-at-home mom and an assistant editor for Live Action News. This column originally appeared at Live Action News and is reprinted with permission.