These new revelations take place as the pro-life community prepares to conduct a memorial service for Wilson and her aborted child. Wilson’s death was first discovered by Operation Rescue through an open records request for 911 records after being tipped off by Pastor Dale Henkel, who photographed the ambulance at Preterm on March 21, 2014.
The memorial will take place Friday, April 11, 2014, from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. at Perfect Peace Baptist Church, located at 12001 Shaker Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44120. After the service, mourners will walk to the Preterm Abortion Clinic across the street from the church to continue their vigil. The service is being organized by Pastor Walter S. Moss of Cleveland.
The two additional medical emergencies took place on March 31, 2012, and on June 26, 2010. Both incidents give indications of negligent and substandard practices. The recordings were provided to Operation Rescue by local pro-life activist Frank Kosmerl who also photographed both events.
On March 31, 2012, an ambulance was called for a 32-year old patient weighing approximately 300 pounds who was hemorrhaging after an abortion due to uterine atony, a condition in which the uterus fails to contract enough to seal off blood vessels after an abortion. The woman’s estimated blood loss was 600 cc’s, or in American measures, over 20 ounces.
However, the facility’s elevator was broken and the Preterm caller had to request additional responders to help carry the woman down from third floor in order to extricate her from the building so she could get the emergency help she needed.
“I question the judgment of the Preterm abortionist that was responsible for the abortion on this high-risk patient,” said Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor for Operation Rescue. “With the elevator down, emergency help was delayed for this patient. It was irresponsible to conduct a surgical procedure on this high-risk patient under those circumstances in a facility that isn’t equipped to handle complications in the first place. It showed complete disregard for the life and safety of this patient.”
A complaint was filed with the Ohio Medical Board by local activist and witness Hugh P. Gaughan, who received written confirmation that the Board would investigate the incident. However, that was the last Gaughan ever heard from the OMB. No disciplinary action was ever taken.
Like this pro-life news article? Please support LifeNews with a donation during our April fundraising campaign!
The second video released by Operation Rescue involves an emergency that took place on June 26, 2010. It involved a 26-year old woman who was suffering “serious” uncontrolled hemorrhaging on a woman who was under anesthesia and had not regained consciousness. An ambulance was summoned and instructed to go to the back door of the facility.
“It is clear that medical emergencies that endanger the lives of women take place on a routine basis at Preterm, but that so far they have been swept under the rug. I can’t help but wonder if the Board had taken action on the 2012 complaint whether Lakisha Wilson and her baby would be alive today,” said Sullenger. “We have to make sure that other women are not harmed by Preterm’s practices by seeing to it that this time those responsible are held accountable.”
The Wilson death remains under investigation and her official cause of death and autopsy report are still pending.