Today Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) released its 2012-2013 annual report.
In response, the national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List has released a fact sheet on the information, revealing that while Planned Parenthood’s abortion rate declined by 2 percent, abortions still accounted for 93.8 percent of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services. Prenatal care services dropped 32 percent in one year, and 52 percent since 2009. Adoption referrals are also down 4.5 percent in one year. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 149 abortions.
The fact sheet also details Planned Parenthood’s finances, revealing that:
- During fiscal year 2012-2013, Planned Parenthood reported receiving $540.6 million in taxpayer funding, or nearly $1.5 million per day.
- Planned Parenthood reported $58.2 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.3 billion in net assets.
- In 2012, Planned Parenthood performed 327,166 abortions , a 2% drop from 2011. In 2002, Planned Parenthood performed 227,385 abortions, meaning they perform 100,000 more abortions than they did 10 years ago.
- Over the past three reported years (2010-2012), Planned Parenthood has performed nearly one million abortions (990,575).
- In 2012,abortions made up 93.8% of PlannedParenthood’s pregnancy services, while prenatal care and adoption referrals accounted for only 5.6% (19,506) and 0.6% (2,197), respectively. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 149 abortions.
- Prenatal care services have dropped 32% in one year, and 52% since 2009. Adoption referrals are also down 4.5% in one year.
After reviewing the report, Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) President Marjorie Dannenfelser had the following comments:
“Business is booming for America’s largest abortion provider, which receives public funding at a rate of $1.5 million per day. Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report shows that they performed 100,000 more abortions in 2013 than ten years ago. Meanwhile, cancer screenings and prenatal services, including adoption referrals, continue to drop. Planned Parenthood claims to be a trusted health care provider to women and girls, but their numbers tell a different story. Planned Parenthood is a business whose entire mission is to profit off of abortion.”