Our favorite (nearly graduated) student from Notre Dame Law John Gerardi is back to help the pro-life community understand why so many faithful Catholics that go to mass every week still voted for President Obama in the 2012 election.
Gerardi explains the history of the Catholic church’s relationship with the Democratic party and the increasingly uncomfortable position many bishops are in since the Democratic party is so openly pro-abortion rights and anti-religious liberty.
Life Report has never been an anti-Catholic show, and that hasn’t changed. Frankly, a lot of Protestants didn’t even vote. But there’s no way to have a frank dialogue about this issue without recognizing that the Catholic church in America has had a long relationship with the Democratic party and that relationship is clearly having an impact on elections that effect the rights of unborn babies. We welcomed the chance to have a Catholic expert on the subject explain what he has learned for the benefit of our audience.
CLICK LIKE IF YOU’RE PRO-LIFE!
- Josh referenced this episode:
- Should Pro-Lifers ALWAYS Vote for the Pro-Life Candidate? SPECIAL GUEST: Scott Klusendorf
- More episodes that relate to the church:
- Does the Bible’s Silence Justify Abortion? SPECIAL GUEST: Scott Klusendorf
- Why Are Some Pastors Silent About Abortion? SPECIAL GUESTS: Pastor Jim Franklin & Father Larry Toschi
- That HHS Mandate. SPECIAL GUESTS: Pastor Jim Franklin & Father Larry Toschi
- How to Activate the Church and Responding to Critics – Special Guests: Lila Rose & David Schmidt from Live Action
- Hear John Gerardi on these previous Life Report episodes:
LifeNews.com Note: Josh Brahm is the educational director for Right to Life of Central California and the host of Life Report, also a LifeNews pro-life video feature. Find more episodes of Life Report at ProLifePodcast.net.