Pro-Life Vigil at Clinic Remembers Woman Killed in Abortion

National   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Feb 11, 2013   |   3:47PM   |   Washington, DC

A pro-life vigil at a late-term abortion clinic in Maryland today remembered 29-year-old Jennifer McKenna Morbelli, of New Rochelle, New York, who was killed in an abortion last week.

Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, helped lead a prayer vigil and press conference this morning at the site of the abortion clinic where Morbelli died.

Late-term abortion doctor LeRoy Carhart performed a 33-week abortion this past week on Jennifer Leigh Morbelli, 29, who died after the procedure, along with her daughter, Madison Leigh. Her death is being investigated. A witness says she developed complications, and Carhart could not be contacted to take care of her.

Pavone called for swift action on the part of the state of Maryland to not only investigate this death but also to stop Carhart from killing children and their mothers. he also asked every priest across the nation to offer two Masses: one for the repose of the soul of Jennifer and her baby Madison, and another for the conversion of abortionist LeRoy Carhart.

The address of Germantown Reproductive Health Services is 13233 Executive Park Terrace, Germantown butoffice is located in an office park that is on private property. The event took place just next to the office park on Wisteria Lane.

Organizations, Church leaders, and citizens gathered to mourn Morbelli’s death. Representatives of Priests for Life, Alliance Defending Freedom, 40 Days for Life, the Family Research Council, Students for Life, Operation Rescue, Rock for Life, the Christian Defense Coalition, the National Black Pro-Life Union, the Maryland Family Alliance, the Archdiocese of Washington DC, several local churches and pastors attended.

Morbilli died Thursday as the result of fatal complications suffered during an abortion at 33 weeks at the hand of late-term abortion practitioner LeRoy Carhart. The abortion took place at the Germantown Reproductive Health Center in Germantown, Maryland.

According to information the pro-life group Operation Rescue released to LifeNews on Friday, the then-unnamed woman arrived at Germantown Reproductive Health Center on Sunday to start the abortion process. Local pro-life advocates protesting outside saw her every day until yesterday, and described her as appearing “pale and weak.”



Early Thursday morning, the woman began suffering chest pain and other discomforts, the group informed LifeNews. Her attempts to reach Carhart were unsuccessful. The woman was taken by her family from her hotel to a nearby hospital emergency room at approximately 5:00 a.m. Efforts by hospital staff to contact Carhart or get informational assistance from the abortion clinic were unsuccessful.

Operation Rescue says the abortion patient suffered massive internal bleeding into her abdominal cavity. She slipped into a Code Blue condition approximately six times before finally succumbing to her injuries at around 9:30 a.m. The case has been placed with the Medical Examiner for further investigation.

LifeNews Note: Photo courtesy Susan B. Anthony List.